Losing connection to Gamespy

Volcz

Hey Guys.

I've been recently trying to access FSX Multiplayer and every 10 or so minutes into a lobby I get the error message "You have lost connection to Gamespy, you may continue flying with other players in the lobby". But it disables the chat and then voice chat goes all fuzzy.

It use to work perfectly for eyars but recently it's been being a bit crazy. I've tried turning on/off my router, restart computer and it doesnt work. :(

Hope someone has a solution.

Thanks O0

I had this the other day. I was hosting a session, which I don't normally do, and then GameSpy decided I hadn't paid my bill (joke) so kicked me off with the same message you described. The session carried on, and players that were in at the time were okay to stay. No new players could join however, I doubt they even saw the session. This was a purely an internet connection glitch and happens from time to time. Maybe somewhere along the "line" of your connection to the GS server, there was some work being done. In my case, as I'm on the phone line system, if work is being carried out between me and where I'm accessing, I can lose connection. It doesn't happen often thankfully, but it can happen.

Bare in mind that your connection to GS is not a straight line connection, it goes through several hops on it's way there. My old ISP would route my connection to a certain server using 6 hops at that time. It gave me a ping of 125 say, then they changed the route and sent my signal through 12 hops, and my went to over 250, making what I was doing impossible. I changed ISP's and haven't seen that since. I'm not saying this is definitely your problem, just a possibility.

Archived