Missing folder

jgruschow

When I installed YMML it removed the Orbx Freeware folder. I know this folder was removed by the recent freewate split, but I hade put it back to hold a few files I didn't want to put elseware.  I know I shouldn't have used that name, but I did.

Question: Is there any way I can get it back? Or has it been permanantly deleted.  I can't see it hiding anywhere.

Sorry Jack, but the YMML installer did no such thing. Not sure how you came to that conclusion mate.

Have you:

1. Checked to see if the physical ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_FREEWARE folder is still there?

2. Checked to see if the scenerylib_FTXAA_FREEWARE.cfg is still in your ORBX\Scripts folder?

For each package we install, be it an FTX region pack or an airport, we run the FTXConfigurator.exe program, which relies on those .cfg files in the scripts folder to be present, since it uses those to add the entries into the FSX scenery library. If a .cfg file is deleted then its entry is removed from the FSX scenery library.

What I think has happened in your case Jack is that your scenerylib_FTXAA_FREEWARE.cfg file has gone AWOL, therefore the FTXconfigurator.exe has removed the entry from the FSX scenery library.

Archived