Locked away and loving it

chumley

Today my wife and I decided it was time to upgrade our TV and dutifully went to to the local Harvey Norman's to check out what was on offer so we could go somewhere else and attempt to get a cheaper price with which to barter at Harvey Norman's.

To cut a long story short we ended up with a Sony Bravia 40" LED full HD TV for our family room.

Now the fun bit, it is currenlty assembled in my study in the place where my monitors usually reside looking quite resplendent and the door is locked at present. I have had it hooked up to FSX and been in and out of Melbourne like a yoyo. To be honest I am quite astounded at the clarity and frame rates hold up really well even in the PMDG NGX. I now have to decide whether to open the door and if I do whether or not the TV will occupy the place for which it was purchased or to defy the clamouring hordes who would dearly like to watch their programmes on the new screen.

Hold on, there are some attempts to breech security - better get on :D

I have some 40" samsung tv which we got for almost half price, myself and my wife have been very happy with the tv as its one of the ultra thin ones but she wont let me hook up my pc to so i can play flight sim on there :(

You wont have to worry about frame rate no matter what size your HDTV is......1920x1080 is the same resolution and number of pixels no matter if its 32 inch or 60 inch (or anywhere in-between and above!)

Now each to their own of course but I couldn't do low resolution like that for a PC monitor. TV and movies yes. Flight sim sitting 2 feet away...no thanks.

Archived