YMML Help

Gurdy

Team

While I was tweaking FSX for the best FPS in YMML I decided to try the difference usng native mode. When I found not a lot of difference I decided to go back to Poly mode and tweak there some more. But when I tried to toggle back I got this error.

Posted Image

I thought wbout uninstalling YMML and reinstalling it, but I could not find an uninstaller... any suggestions???

Cheers

Craig

We'll investigate it for you. We tested the CP across 4 different OS versions and it came up clean. Either way, a re-install may not necessarily solve any background issues which may be causing this. I'll ask Adrian who coded the app to look into this for you asap.

Thanks John. As an update, i re-ran the installer and that didnt fix it. It still remains ticked and will not allow me to untick the box. But what I have noticed it appear that althought the FSX native is ticked in the CP, I now appear to have have Poly textures again (probably from the re-running the installer?) Unless they are the REX textures....

Cheers

Craig.

Adrian

Yea, shut down FSX before running the CP. It worked the first time when I enabled the Native FSX, but then could not disable it. Thats when I got the error. Is there a way to uninstall it? Or a registry entry I could remove and then re-run the installer??

Cheers

Here's an interim solution to activate FSX Native Mode manually without using the CP.

Navigate to the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery folder in your FSX folder

[glow=red,2,300]To Activate FSX Native Mode[/glow]

1. Rename these files so they have an .OFF extension, but keep the .bgl included in the filename:

ORBX_YMML_APX_GMAX.bgl.OFF

YMML_GroundPoly.bgl.OFF

2. Rename these files so they have their normal .bgl extension:

ORBX_YMML_Aero_Exclusion.bgl

ORBX_YMML_APX_NATIVE.bgl

Now you are in FSX Native Mode.

[glow=green,2,300]To go back to Gmax Poly Mode[/glow]

1. Rename these files so they have their normal .bgl extension:

ORBX_YMML_APX_GMAX.bgl

YMML_GroundPoly.bgl

3. Rename these files so they have a  .OFF extension, but keep the .bgl included in the filename:

ORBX_YMML_Aero_Exclusion.bgl.OFF

ORBX_YMML_APX_NATIVE.bgl.OFF

Now you are in Gmax Poly Mode.

John et el

I had a look at the directory and the settings outlined above I found I had this situation:

ORBX_YMML_APX_GMAX.bgl.OFF

YMML_GroundPoly.bgl

ORBX_YMML_Aero_Exclusion.bgl

ORBX_YMML_Aero_Exclusion.bgl.OFF

ORBX_YMML_APX_NATIVE.bgl

ORBX_YMML_APX_NATIVE.bgl.OFF

As my CP still showed FSX native mode enabled I deleted the duplicate files and adjusted the files to FSX native mode enabled settings. Once I had done this I was able to switch back and forward via the CP as I pleased.

Thanks for assistance.

Craig

Archived