City Airports

Hayden

Hi Guys,

First off, brilliant job your all doing! It looks fantastic and after the initial perceived let-down the release of FSX seemed to be (well it was for me after all the hype), its great that we are starting to see it's true potential.

I was wandering what the City surrounds and airports are going to look like. (ie Adelaide, my home "town"). Are you creating them from scratch or using the VOZ sceneries?

Best Regards

H

Thanks for the info Koorbs, I will certainly be looking forward to it.

In the mean time, will the landclass that you implement be more accurate especially nearest to the existing/default airports.  I find that especially on appreach and short final, not having landclass that is somewhat representative of reality can really wreck the illusion that is so important when simming.  This is especially important for the international airports in capital cities when major roads with traffic etc. passing under our wings (in the sim) can add so much to the experience.

Cheers and thanks again for the info.

No really meant to be sharing these alpha shots .. but - does this look blended enough for you? If you can pick the boundary between FTX and our upcoming YMML, be my guest :)

Posted Image

All the landclass around the airport is custom placed to an accurary of 1km sq. LOD grids, plus all freeways have traffic flowing. Approaches are about as real life as it gets.

Another shot, Calder Freeway in foreground, full of traffic. Notice how the surbubs blend in seamless between the synthetic FTX landclass and the YMML photoreal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some details of the buildings modeled near the terminal (very early alpha stage shown here):

Posted Image

Posted Image

VOZ AI ported to FSX, aircraft taxiing:

Posted Image

Again, was not planning to show this at all, but I'm rewarding your patience Chris ;)

Jeez, and what a reward it is...  Mate, that is just some incredible work.

With all the negativity surrounding FSX and Acceleration, yours is certainly a shining beacon of light in the FSX scenery world. Simply stunning... Damn, now i'm really disappointed I didn't apply for a beta testers role with your team  :)

Looking at the pics again, the words photo-real now becomes superfluous as you have captured exactly what I was saying in my previous post.  The real feeling at an altitude when objects on the ground morph from a conjealed blob to distinct and individual objects.

The YMML airport buildings are looking great and makes me really anticipate your YPPH offering.  I'm still amazed at how much work you have set your team up to do given the scope of your project, but if it finishes even half as good as it has started, you are on to a huge winner.

Thanks again mate, it is much appreciated.  Best regards and thanks to your team.

Cheers,

Archived