Upgrade Nightmare Nearly Over

Old Archie

Well, It is nearly done.  Had to buy a new Mobo (a bog standard P35) to run my new Q9450 processor happily with my 4Gig of Corsair RAM, had to reinstall Vista so it means now reinstalling FSX, SP2, FEX, FTX and of course all my payware aircraft..... what a pain, but I am hoping on a clean fresh install of Vista and fresh installs of all my add ons, FSX will now shine, I know the Quad core will not necessarily make for much better FPS but I am sure it will eliminate the stutters and blurries I had to some extent with my E6600 cpu.  Anyways, wish me luck, I will probably spend most of tonight reinstalling stuff.  Any tips on what order to install stuff?  I am thinking FSX, the Service Pack, Acceleration, then FEX and the SHD Upgrade, then FTX Blue, Blue SP1, FTX Gold then the OzX freeware then my payware addon aircraft, sound about right??  ???

Good stuff.  I'm not sure about the install order as far as FTX is concerned.

You might get an FPS increase if you set FSX to run 3 cores with the main being on the 2nd.  This gives the FSX main process exclusive access to a whole core instead of sharing it with OS processes.

Cheers,

Matt.

You might get an FPS increase if you set FSX to run 3 cores with the main being on the 2nd.  This gives the FSX main process exclusive access to a whole core instead of sharing it with OS processes.

Cheers,

Matt.

Is that the so called 'affinity' fix Matt?  How exactly do I do that?

Any tips on what order to install stuff?  I am thinking FSX, the Service Pack, Acceleration, then FEX ....

I was under the impression that Acceleration included both SP1 and SP2. Is that correct?

Greg

Cheers,

Matt.

Add this to your fsX.cfg Dale ;)

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

//1  = 1 core           0001 // cores read from back to front ~ last is first

//3  = 2 cores         0011

//7  = 3 cores         0111

//14= 3 cores         1110

//15= 4 cores         1111

Cheers,

Matt.

Add this to your fsX.cfg Dale ;)

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

//1  = 1 core           0001 // cores read from back to front ~ last is first

//3  = 2 cores         0011

//7  = 3 cores         0111

//14= 3 cores         1110

//15= 4 cores         1111

Thanks Wolter, will do!

Archived