make FSX better

just wondering what everyone would like to make FSX just that more enjoyable and would make it so much better for you?

for me, i would love to be able to see people walking around and so you can get in and out of planes, also i would love for AI traffic in multiplayer, not sure if you can allready do this but yeah that would be great  ;D

Hah, FS11 is one to two pc rebuilds ahead for me, I think :). don't think I'll switch until hardware has caught up and the addons are at least as available as FSX addons are now.

I think what I'd like to see, though. Is better modeling of environmental cues - moving trees and windsocks, dust being kicked up, rain angled by the wind .. better modelling of microbursts and downdrafts within storms ... just to make it that little more real.

... And they should hire Russ to do the VCs on the default aircraft ;).

I'd like to see:

Realistic flight models, so default a/c slip and spin, not just the Real Air a/c

ATC that has a clue and doesn't vector me all over the landscape like I was a ball in a game of tennis

AI Traffic that doesn't kill FSX framerates

Cities that don't kill framerates

Terrain textures that are as realistic as those of  FTX all over the world

VC rain back from the dead

Sloping runways like we have in FTX freeware airports

A replay feature that actually works in spot view instead of jumping about like a crazed weasel

A menu system that does not lock up the sim if you use it during flight

Clouds that are realistic and provide overcast without killing framerates:

Clouds that interact with the landscape without hard boundaries

A weather system that better models weather changes

Progressive visibility changes with altitude, instead of abrupt layers

Light bloom that does not kill framerates

The list goes on but I guess you catch my drift. I'd like to see FSX actually work the way it was supposed to, instead of being what it is.

Not too much to ask is it?

Cheers,

Noel.

I'd like to see them make FSX not stutter. That's all I ask.

I'm only seeing that rarely, maybe once per flight there'll be a single jitter. Mostly it's smooth as silk, with most sliders maxed. Hardware probably has a lot to do with it, but I don't think my setup is anything out of the ordinary.

How much stuttering are you seeing?

Greg

Most others have already mentioned the things i'd like to see, for me though, i'd love to see a map a bit loke Google Earth where i can just click my Departure and then Arrival point.

A nominal range circle shold appear and if i need to 'tweek' the aircrafts performance or configuration then so be it, just like real life. That, would be awesome.

Many times i've thought where shall i go today without any idea as to the distance and realtionship to the two points, quite frustrating at times!

Most others have already mentioned the things i'd like to see, for me though, i'd love to see a map a bit loke Google Earth where i can just click my Departure and then Arrival point.

A nominal range circle shold appear and if i need to 'tweek' the aircrafts performance or configuration then so be it, just like real life. That, would be awesome.

Many times i've thought where shall i go today without any idea as to the distance and realtionship to the two points, quite frustrating at times!

i do my flight planning with google earth on a seperate laptop, using the measure tool... it has nautical miles :D

Ah! have tried that at work, that is to 'fly the flight' prior to getting home and printing it off. Your response brings two further things to my list;

1, A laptop that enables me to 'work' from home.  ;) ;)

2, A 'gamer' (dumded down version if you wish) version for those that just want to play with aircraft and a 'Pro' version that has some serious tools imbedded that allow those seeking a more realistic experiance, i know they released FSX as that, but come on, what really was the diff between the two?

I seem to remeber some years ago a flight Sim had pretty much what i'm asking for now, i know FSX cant be all things to all men but MS has had this puppy for years and its only incrementaly changed - apart from the graphics that is!

Hope FS11 gets some work done to the core gameplay and does not end up as - *shudder* Combat Flight Sim 3.

Hope FS11 gets some work done to the core gameplay and does not end up as - *shudder* Combat Flight Sim 3.

If that happens FSX will have a very very long shelf life ;D

Hah, FS11 is one to two pc rebuilds ahead for me, I think :). don't think I'll switch until hardware has caught up and the addons are at least as available as FSX addons are now.

I think what I'd like to see, though. Is better modeling of environmental cues - moving trees and windsocks, dust being kicked up, rain angled by the wind .. better modelling of microbursts and downdrafts within storms ... just to make it that little more real.

... And they should hire Russ to do the VCs on the default aircraft ;).

Why don't we all change to X-Plane! I understand it has most, if not all of these features already.

Moreover, its cheaper and there appears to be just as many "communities" and freeware developers as MS FS.

XPlane is still catching up with regard to graphics, but they are very close!  :-\

Archived