very slow download of updates for FTX Australia SP3

por930

Hi,

For some reason, my computer often struggles to log in and when eventually I do get in, moving about the forums can be slow. Usually I have to use the 'back key', and re-attempt the request a few times. I have also had a few attempts now at downloading the SP4 update for my FTX Australia, but at 1MB per 30-45 seconds, my machine says 3 hours for completion, so I give up. I thought maybe my computer line was dodgy(I have cable) but it tests out fine when I download large music files. I suspect this forum maybe is a tad overloaded and not enough bandwidth left if several users moving about and downloading files at the same time? So, when is a quiet time.

Regards

Hi Ged

There don't seem to be any hard and fast reasons why some downloads are slow, the cause could be coming from any number of sources.

Best bet is to use a download manager such as Free Download Manager which can then download multiple sections of the same file. I sometimes have a slow connection, so I change the download over to FDM and often get 10x the speed.

The forum issue is unrelated by the way.

Cheers

John

Hi Ged

There don't seem to be any hard and fast reasons why some downloads are slow, the cause could be coming from any number of sources.

Best bet is to use a download manager such as Free Download Manager which can then download multiple sections of the same file. I sometimes have a slow connection, so I change the download over to FDM and often get 10x the speed.

The forum issue is unrelated by the way.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Thanks for advice. Downloaded FDM. Great program. I noticed it crashed and burnt 20 times before it managed to download file. Interesting how it has several sections on the go at the same time. As one dies, it creates another etc...

Regards

Archived