Issues at 21W in PNW

pilotjohn

I found a fun little airstrip, 21W, but there are some bugs...

1. I can't pull off onto the parking area at the runway 15 end because of a crash as soon as the wheels leave the runway.

2. The wing (Scout) can't go past the fence (even though it's above it) because you crash, which makes it hard to turn around.

Can these be fixed in a future service pack?

I found a fun little airstrip, 21W, but there are some bugs...

1. I can't pull off onto the parking area at the runway 15 end because of a crash as soon as the wheels leave the runway.

2. The wing (Scout) can't go past the fence (even though it's above it) because you crash, which makes it hard to turn around.

Can these be fixed in a future service pack?

Have you applied the latest Orbx libraries patch? It sounds as if the grass models are causing your crashes, and I believe we removed those crash boxes from the vegetation BGLs in the the latest update.

Have you applied the latest Orbx libraries patch? It sounds as if the grass models are causing your crashes, and I believe we removed those crash boxes from the vegetation BGLs in the the latest update.

Yes, the latest libraries have been installed.

Yes, the latest libraries have been installed.

Also, if I just set up a flight at 21W (at runway 33), I get an immediate "crash" as it places you just off the runway end.

The other odd thing I noticed is that while the textures look great at initial load, even just doing a pattern (staying within 3NM, even within 1NM) the runway textures become blurry and take forever to reload and become sharp again (well after landing).

I'm not sure if this is something to do with the scenery (the runway environment textures are the only ones that appears to be affected) or my setup (2600k @ 4.5 GHz, 8GB @ 1600 MHz, GTX570 @ 850/2000 MHz). I haven't had it happen elsewhere.

I do have OZx installed, so 21W is an OZx airport, but the crash is still there. Since the affiliation, I'm not sure whether I should report it to OZx or here.

Also, the texture load problem - the blurries, started out of the blue for me, but limiting the frame rate inside FSX (instead of externally) seemed to have resolved it for now.

I do have OZx installed, so 21W is an OZx airport, but the crash is still there. Since the affiliation, I'm not sure whether I should report it to OZx or here.

Also, the texture load problem - the blurries, started out of the blue for me, but limiting the frame rate inside FSX (instead of externally) seemed to have resolved it for now.

The same thing happens at WN08, although here I can't even land without crashing. Also crash on startup on either end of the runway.

Archived