Good FSX models for these

Divot

Found these at Adaminimby (is that spelt right?) at the beginning of this year. Near Cooma / Jindabyne.

@ Maurice_King: this is up your way, not too far!

Can anyone:

• put a name to the second aircraft?
  • tell me if there's any good FSX models for either of these?

Jabairu

Posted Image

Not sure - can anyone help?

Posted Image

Cockpit of above

Posted Image

Funny story here:

We were driving back from Adaminimby and I saw these planes on a rise from the main road. We turned around and drove up to have a look, and the two owners of the planes were there with their wives, and were very happy to talk about their pride and joys.

I mentioned FSX and they let me sit in the cockpit (along with my wife and daughter above). He asked me what I thought the red button on the top of the stick was. I winked at him and said "Guns?".

The way in which these planes were tied down, they were facing in to a fairly stong westerly, and they were literally leaping off the ground with each gust!

Anyway I plan on modelling the grass strip they have there, and if I can get some models of the planes, I'd like to take my laptop down there again and show them their airfield!

I'd appreciate any help with these planes if anyone can....

There was a nice Jabiru for FS9 - maybe it works in FSX... I got it from avsim as far as i remember. Btw, they crashed one at our local GA airfield. I told the Pilot twice that the engine is leaking (cylinder), but well... His engine died and he found a deep hole while landing in the pampa...

Interesting - and just for the record, Adaminimby should be Adaminaby.

Thought I had it wrong ....  ;D

Btw, they crashed one at our local GA airfield. I told the Pilot twice that the engine is leaking (cylinder), but well... His engine died and he found a deep hole while landing in the pampa...

That was the one at Redcliffe? Seems to be the day for it:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/08/02/2322335.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/08/02/2322359.htm

The first plane is called jabiru and still searching if there is one for fsx

You can visit info on the plane herehttp://www.jabiru.net.au

Shane

How I wish some talented model designer would create the Jabiru 250, I would so love to have this myself. I took an intro flight in one of these, nice plane to fly, handles very well too.

I believe that both Aircraft belong to the Polo Flat Aero Club more information you could contact Mike Apps but I'm unsure of the number.

PF is on my to do list once I tea up full access to Cooma Snowy and Jindabyne.

I believe that both Aircraft belong to the Polo Flat Aero Club more information you could contact Mike Apps but I'm unsure of the number.

PF is on my to do list once I tea up full access to Cooma Snowy and Jindabyne.

Currently working on Jindabyne at the moment over at OzX - just needs some final tweaking ....

I've just returned home from Boonah after completing my restricted recreational pilot licence after 2 weeks of full on fun and enjoyment with Airsport QLD. BTW i got the licence in absolute minimum hours, Thank you very much MSFS, ORBX, and a life time of aviation dreaming.....LOL. My instructor struggled to meet the compulsory 15hrs duel time with me because I advanced so quickly and because I went solo after 5 hours I managed to squeeze another 5 hrs in to meet the 10 hour minimum to gain a passenger endorsement which is great news for the kids. I have also been looking for some ultralights for FSX. I have found a couple on simviation. I have the Foxbat A22 which is not too bad and a Tecnam seara which is crap. I would love to find a Drifter as thats what i did my training on and a decent Tecnam seara because when i go back in a couple of months thats what i will be coverting to to start my nav training in and also get a tricycle and high speed endorsement in. If anyone finds some decent ultralights Please post them.

BTW $3700.00 is what 25hrs in a Drifter with all the instruction cost me. This computer cost around that so I could play FSX decently. If anyone is tossing up wether to go and give it a try I would highly recomend it money absolutly worth every penny! I will be using FTX & the freeware extensively over the next couple of months to practice my navigation skills around SE QLD something that until recently would not have been possible and I'll bet when I start my Nav training I will save big $ and do it in minimum hrs as well. A true testiment to the quality of this addon. Thanks again team!!!

cheers

Buggerup

Archived