Running on empty

Tailgunner

Thanks, people. Yup - up and running, and admittedly amazed to be. I had tried everywhichway to get rid of that bug. Couldn't bring myself to delete FSX. Brushed the cobwebs off Fs9, ran it for a while, was totally depressed at  that godawful landscape after FTX, decided OK, nothing for it, actually had my cursor hovering over Add/Remove when doorbell rang. That sorted, I listed all the things I'd tried which hadn't worked, and the only combo left was to run Repair again and then immediately reinstall the Acceleration I'd deleted. Ridiculous, really. But just possibly it would jolt something? And by all that's wonderful, it worked. You may have heard my yell of EUREKA! in Southampton, Russ. I suspect FSX was so narked at my running Fs9 that it threw a debug. Anyway, the only consequence was that I had to reset all my settings. No problem. And in fact, FTX runs even better than before, with some small glitches like water anomalies now ironed out. With hindsight, the only possible candidate for carrying the bug seemes to have been  the last addon before it showed up - a freeware  aircraft. Makes ya kinda nervous about downloaading... ::) ::)::)

Archived