More powerful engine sound for the Bf 108 Taifun

sangsom

Owners of the Classics Hangar Messerschmitt Bf 108 Taifun could try the sound-extension for a more powerful engine-sound.

Available at Flightsim.com. Name: ch_bf108_soundmod.zip

It's a "Blast from the past". Hope you like it.

Do not forget to backup the original sound folder

I tried it and it sounds kinda too familiar, if you get what I mean . Also , it has a bit of a repetitive sound loop at some rpm/mp settings. Im sticking to the original because its feels cleaner and Im used to it now.

Oh I see.

Any other reports?

I notice on Classics Hangar's forum someone stated the sounds were not good and like adjusted default ones or something.

Anyone think this is a "must buy" plane ?

I really love the FW190 but have been a bit unsure of this one.

What is it like to fly?

Oh I see.

Any other reports?

I notice on Classics Hangar's forum someone stated the sounds were not good and like adjusted default ones or something.

Anyone think this is a "must buy" plane ?

I really love the FW190 but have been a bit unsure of this one.

What is it like to fly?

It is easier to land than the Fw-190 for sure, great short field performance, cruises around 140KTAS. If you can handle the German instruments in the 190 you should have no problem with the BF-108. If you want a good classic 'realistic' GA plane, this is a great choice. I would probably classify it as 'must buy' if you like classic unique GA planes.

Personally I have no issue with the engine sounds, and most flying is done with a headset. :)

I have it and it's a keeper for me, it's different to any GA I have, It's retro, great view all round from the VC, the detail in the VC is top draw and it's a STOL on top of all that.

It's unique and I like that a lot.

Bought it. Thanks all.

Note there is a SECOND version of the sound files now at avsim by the same guy.

How do you like the second sound-version and how do you like the plane.

Don't forget to install the latest patches for that bird.

How do you like the second sound-version and how do you like the plane.

Don't forget to install the latest patches for that bird.

Hi Helmut.....Excuse my ignorance but do I simply drop the sound files and sound.cfg into the BF108's sound directory ?

(Its obvious I only need the SECOND lot and can ignore the first one)

Yes the patches are up to "e" now. I bought it just after the last patch from Classics Hangar so I did not need to install any patches.

Hi Helmut.....Excuse my ignorance but do I simply drop the sound files and sound.cfg into the BF108's sound directory ?

(Its obvious I only need the SECOND lot and can ignore the first one)

Yes the patches are up to "e" now. I bought it just after the last patch from Classics Hangar so I did not need to install any patches.

Yes.Thats the way.Make shure to put the new soundfiles into Bf 108B-sound folder only and let it overwrite the sound.cfg.

Backup the original sound folder first.

The soundmod.2 is better than soundmod.1(much clearer)

Have fun.

Archived