ORBx freeware airports failure to created necessary file

An elderly novice, I bought FTX SP4 and installed it with no troubles. With it came the ORBx freeware: OZxV3.3 disc.After browsing the forums (for clarification of the instructions re installation of the latter) I downloaded the Helger web easily and was ready to install all the files, in sequence. The very first file, which I tried 3 times before giving up, each time raised the message: "Cannot create the following file:

C\Program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Simulator X\OZx\OZx_AUS\Scenery\cam_abilbah_PLC$$A (I hope I got that right). You will have to run this utility again to completely instal OZx Aus...Air.......v3.0 part 1"

Please help me get to fly to these places, after a correct installation.

In hope with my first ORBx products,

Irvine

Looks like it might be a decompression error, i can see that file in my OZx scenery folder without the $$A on the end, and I suspect the $$A is part of the installation process to convert the file from its compressed format to the usable format. Don't quote me though, i'm not a programmer!

If you post the problem at the OZx forum http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/34-ozx-support-forum/ you might get a knowledgeable response quicker than here.

In the meantime enjoy the FTX AU scenery!

Archived