VATSIM

Bulldog

Bulldog here

OK , I have used VATSIM before but it was a while ago. In laymans terms how about someone who is very familiar with this

put up a post on what is envolved with the proceedure. ie  give an example of a flight between say YBBN and YMML or YSSY

with some of the terms used. Or in fact if someone wants to do it, what transpires from go to whoa if you get my meaning.

Unless you want to fly without voice I would not bother too much, as many of the Voz members, including myself, seem to be having trouble getting voice going.Something to do with FSINN I think.Teecee.

Bulldog here

OK , I have used VATSIM before but it was a while ago. In laymans terms how about someone who is very familiar with this

put up a post on what is envolved with the proceedure. ie  give an example of a flight between say YBBN and YMML or YSSY

with some of the terms used. Or in fact if someone wants to do it, what transpires from go to whoa if you get my meaning.

Hey Bulldog, check out www.vatpac.org, then click on "Sample Flights & Articles" This is a great resource on the procedures side. In fact, the whole site has a wealth of information..

Also radio-wise, in my situation,  I use FSX on a Windows XP machine, with

FSCopilot 17B2_4 and

FSInn13B2_3

For voice I use the built in "VVL" program that comes with FSInn.

This seems to be the preferred program for voice used by the folks that join in with the "Tassie Tigers" and "VFR Operations" flights held every Friday night and Sunday Arvo (you need to be a VATSIM member first). Some people do use SB3 (SquawkBox3) but I couldn't help you there as I have no SB3 experience...

I had no troubles setting up the above programs on my machine, and I'm not that cluey  ;)

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3554.0 - Sample of a Tassie Tigers flight from this forum.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3367.0 - Sample of a VFR Ops flight from this forum.

Good luck

Steve

Gday Bulldog I was an avid flyer of Vatsim throughout my FS9 days but now i have made a transisition to FSX i never go back to fs9 However FSINN is not very stable with FSX that i have found and there for a lot of people are waiting the release of SB4 when ever that may happen. As for wanting to know the ins and outs i would definately go to Vatpacs site as there are a lot of information relating to online procedures.

Shane

Unless you want to fly without voice I would not bother too much, as many of the Voz members, including myself, seem to be having trouble getting voice going.Something to do with FSINN I think.Teecee.

Yes i happily used vatsim, then i bought new stuff for PC Q6600 and 8800GTS 640mb gfx card, and re formatted HD, now i cant get voice to work properly in vatsim. I can use unicom, but no comms to any ATC at all. its really bugging me

To tell you the truth Bulldog i am not realy sure why you have to run two programs. Howevr in godtime SB4 hopefully will be released and i can go back online as i miss this very much. I have ben online with fsinn but i never got the true efect to what i was used to as things did not work. Saying this someone may be able o write a brief and easy to read manual as the fsinn manual is a bit long

SHane

Because FSINN is designed to connect to the VATSIM, IVAO, and several other networks by essentially creating a proxy server on the inside of your home network so that FS9 or FSX can connect to it via FS Co-Pilot. FSCo-Pilot is used also to access the FSUIPC module so the radio's can control the frequency shown in the VVL Bar ( VATSIM ) and allow you to also control the radios from the VVL Client.

I believe all of this is outlined in the manuals as for SB4 I wouldn't hold my breath, I know of many that have had nothing but trouble with SB3, this may be due to hardware Modem/Router issues who knows, the list of variables is very large.

If you open Ports 6801 3010 and 3011 UDP and TCP there should not be an issue. Sometimes you need to go to the multi player tab and enter 127.0.0.1  The local host IP as FS Co-Pilot sometimes does not see the server that FSINN creates.

Archived