False Notification

Bernie

Hi,

I am just writing this to let Admin. know that I received an email that stated that a Thread that I was watching had just had a new post. When following the link back to Orbx, I was greeted by a message that said it could not work out what thread I was referring to. I am not worried about the receipt of the email, only concerned that it may not have originated from here. I wasn't aware, after some thought that I was watching any threads. I think, (as I have deleted the Email) it was called "Bored with FSX." I hope I have not fallen victim to some other Hoax externally from ORBX. Is there any way you can see from your end that an Email was sent to me from Orbx.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Hi,

I am just writing this to let Admin. know that I received an email that stated that a Thread that I was watching had just had a new post. When following the link back to Orbx, I was greeted by a message that said it could not work out what thread I was referring to. I am not worried about the receipt of the email, only concerned that it may not have originated from here. I wasn't aware, after some thought that I was watching any threads. I think, (as I have deleted the Email) it was called "Bored with FSX." I hope I have not fallen victim to some other Hoax externally from ORBX. Is there any way you can see from your end that an Email was sent to me from Orbx.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Bernie, I've gotten notices like that recently. Most of the time, the problem was that I wasn't logged in. Logging in then trying the link again worked. I suppose it's possible that the post was moved or deleted as well.

Bill

Archived