FTX AU Traffic Airports and Airlines Cal Signs

Hi all.

I have been doing a flight around Australia in the Carenado Baron and have been using the Microsoft ATC and FTX AU Traffic Version 3.01. I am getting a lot of airline traffic that do not have call signs, only numbers such as 882 and 2332.

When I read the FTX AU Traffic user manual, I read that

"Proper airline call signs and flight numbers are also included in the aircraft config file and traffic file, so ATC chatter should always be in sinc with your AI traffic movements. Some airline call signs, eg. Q Link, were forgotten by Microsoft but we are working at releasing an updated ATC sound file which will include most, if not all these."

Just wondering if this sound file is being developed and how far it is away from being released?

Cheers

Bernie

• 3 weeks later...

I have most of the Airline and Airport names modified and on my computer ready to go, it is just a matter of releasing it in a way that others can use the data. Tests so far have not been very successful so it is still on my 'to do' list. I shall make this a priority project once I release the next FTX AI package update.

I have most of the Airline and Airport names modified and on my computer ready to go, it is just a matter of releasing it in a way that others can use the data. Tests so far have not been very successful so it is still on my 'to do' list. I shall make this a priority project once I release the next FTX AI package update.

Thanks for the information Graham. I will look forward to it.

Cheers

Bernie

Archived