Stationair at Corryong

Guest Muaddib

Guest Muaddib

A few snaps from a late evening flight out of Corryong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am finding a lot of runways in Au Blue and Au Gold with tall trees right at the end of the runway. Has anyone else noticed that?

I am finding a lot of runways in Au Blue and Au Gold with tall trees right at the end of the runway. Has anyone else noticed that?

Hi Muaddib,

in your fsX.cfg add under :

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=22

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=28

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=5

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2000

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=1024 <= add this line,

experiment with the numbers, 16 the lowest and 1024 the highest,

the options are:

We'd be interrested to hear your results 8)

I was intrigued by the response, that the "IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS" element can help remove the trees.

So, I did a little research, and found the Microsoft® ESP™ SDK. This is the core component of the ESP product which is a set of tools that enables simulation of real-world objects.

However, after reading this information I still wasn't any the wiser!

Hopefully Wolter can explain why.

Thanks

Autogen

Autogen is the ESP process that generates the default scenery objects. The simulated world is divided into a grid, each square roughly 1.2 by 1.2 kilometers, and each grid square will have a texture applied to it based on its land classification (see the Terrain and Scenery documentation for details). The textures for land classification can have an associated annotation file, which contains footprints of buildings and vegetation. If a specific building model is required, then a library object can be placed on the texture. However, for the majority of buildings this would result in a very repetitive landscape. For this reason, only the footprint, range of heights, and building textures are contained in the annotation file. The Autogen process will select or construct an appropriate building model at run time, therefore creating much more varied and realistic landscapes.

Polyline vegetation is rasterized into a sampling bitmap. The granularity of the rasterization is determined by the following setting in the ESP.cfg file:

[TERRAIN]

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=16

The value of this setting is set at the minimum, 16, and can be any value up to 2048. The higher the number the more accurately a curved polygon will be rasterized. The value 16 indicates a rasterization of approximately 80 meters down to approximately 0.5 meter accuracy for the 2048 setting. There is a performance penalty with the time it takes to rasterize a region, and the memory required for the resulting sampling bitmap.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526979.aspx

Guest Muaddib

Now I am really confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

I think I will just let the tall trees stay at the end of the runways and not worry about it any more.... :-\ Maybe I can just trim a few of the leaves and smaller twigs with my prop on short final. :o

We experimented around as we had some "trees growing on runways" with the freeware scenery, to cut a long story short, Mark came up with this suggestion,

we and others from the Team tryed it out and the pesky trees had vacated from the runway 8)

What we did found out was that when the line was not aplied : fsX places the generic trees ad rondom

with the line applied : it looked like the trees where sorta "snapped" in to a, don't know what to call it, "grid"

and the trees that where on runways of a number of small fields where gone from them or moved aside, ( I didn't start counting them.. lol )

So adding the little line helps, as fas as we have been able to establish, point is wich "setting" to apply ? as far as our indication goes:

16 is the lowest setting and 1024 the highest wich equals 1m resolution, we experimented around and that setting is also dependable on the "power" of your system,

ergo I could set mine to the max of 1024 and Mark having an older system had set it at 256.

it's a bit of trail and error to find on wich setting your system starts acting up when that line is added,

it certainly did noy harm mine ;D and also did not impact the framerates in a negative form 8)

and if one thinks it's not working, very easy to delete that little line from the cfg ;)

Guest Muaddib

Thanks Wolter. So far, I haven't run into any trees on the runway, just right off the end and almost on center line. I will try that line and see what happens. I didn't mean to raise such a ruckus. Just wondering if anyone else was seeing tall trees right off the end of the runway.

Now if I could just get some feedback on the shots themselves, I would be very happy.  :-\  C or C maybe?? ???

Guest Muaddib

Ok, I added that line to the CFG and it had no effect on the tree at Corryong

Posted Image

I had it set the 1024.

Like I said, might as well forget it.

Guest Muaddib

try a 15 degree slope angle on your approach ... heheheh

;D ;D ;D

I lost my protractor. Can I guess at it? :D

Archived