Help with graphic rendering...

AnthG87

Hi guys,

have just updated video card to NVidia 9800 series (1GB). It has its own power supply with the latest drivers that ship with card and still the rendering looks like this.....These are screenshots taken over Brisbane...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is just so frustrating because with the 512MB 8800 card i was getting performance like this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can someone please suggest something to do because I'm ripping my hair out in frustration!! Lol... >:(

Thanks in anticipation.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Did you "delete" in your hardware panel the "old" vidcard and drivers BEFORE installing the new one ? ::)

best way is to delete the nVidia drivers via your software panel and also delete the vidcards in your hardware panel, reboot the puter and when it asks to install drivers tell it to do nothing, it will start telling you that it will not function properly and some other bla bla, just ignore it and cancel whatever it wants to do, then get the latest nVidia drivers and run that thing it will install the latest drivers etc etc, after it has installed the drivers etc etc, DO NOT start fiddling around, REBOOT !!

When it fires up it will then apply the new drivers and you can adapt the stuff to your personal taste ;)

Hi mate, I have done all you've told me to do and still no luck...

Funny thing is when I revert back to default textures and set sliders to max there is absolutely no problem...I have found that this problem has started since I installed service pack 1.2...Is there some way of removing that from the sim to test if that is actually the case??

Cheers and thanks for help.

I have found that this problem has started since I installed service pack 1.2...Is there some way of removing that from the sim to test if that is actually the case??

Hi Anthony,

I'm not aware of a Servicepack 1.2 or do you mean the Freeware 1.2 scenery addon ?

In case of the Freeware 1.2 this has been discontinued and has been replaced by the OZx Australian Airfields v1.0 obtainable at www.aussiex.org

If you install that, it auto~magically will remove the 1.2 Freeware from your system.

Archived