wierd issue

SJT375

Recently I have been having an issue with my fsx, specifically after installing ORBX stuff. The problem is ONLY at the menu loading, not within the sim. My problem is that when I try to pick something in free-flight (i.e: place, weather, time etc.) after I press "ok" on my selection, fsx freezes. It used to freeze for about 2 minutes, after a clean reinstall of fsx, the problem persists, but now for around 15-20 seconds. I am 95% sure this is connected to ORBX, as the problem popped up in both installs of FSX immediately after installing my list of ORBX items.

-Spencer

Without getting too technical, as that is not my field. I recall reading somewhere, many moons ago. That FSX loads much of the scenery at or around the menue stage. So, the more scenery you have installed, the longer it will take to settle down.

My own machine, which is no slouch and "flies" flawlessly, takes about 2 to 3 mins (never timed it) to boot into the initial menue screen. But then their is about 600GB of scenery spread over 4 HDDs.

The wait, however, is always well worth it.

Arnie.

Hi thought i was the only one with this problem with me fsx blue cirle appears rotating for about 10 to 20 secs b4 fsx loads up again no big deal as long as every thing is still working ok. this only happens if i have selected australia or na regions if i only select fsx default it doesnt happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.I thought I was going to have to reload FSX for a third time.I could not figure out why it would lock up on me when I went to set up a flight.I just have to give it time to load before I use it.Thanks again,Brian

Archived