Orbx FTX Central

B777LR

Good day. I am a new user to Orbx products thanks to the FSS sale. I purchased the FTX Australia SP4 package and three Australian airports. I run GEX North America and Europe as well as Ultimate terrain North America and Europe. As well I have FS Genesis worlwide mesh and their US landclass. Just a couple newbie questions if someone would indulge me.

1) Is it possible to just leave Australia activated from within FTX Central even if I am flying in North America or Europe? Will doing that have a side effect of messing up the textures elsewhere in the world?

2) In the user guide, there is a button for FSX Default. Selecting that just shuts off the Orbx textures including the night lighting system that comes with Orbx and simply restores what I had previously and not any actual default FSX textures? Does that include the night lighting as well because I dont use the point type lights within UT NA or Europe.

3) If all I am installing is the Australia country along with some Australian airports, must I have to make them a higher priority than what I mentioned above with regards to GEX/UTX/ FS Genesis stuff in the scenery cfg? Right now I have nothing for Australia installed other than the world mesh terrain from FSGensis.

Much Thanks.

Eric

Order Number: FSS0110658

Hello Eric, welcome to the forums

1: You can, but its more of a personal choice, the most notable change is the autogen trees and houses, as well as the terrain.cfg and lclookup files, load a flight up in America or somewhere in Europe with FTXcentral set to Default/Australia and you'll see what I mean

2: Yes, selecting [Default] restores your FSX to its pre-ORBX state, and the ORBX nightlights only appear within the ORBX region anyway, so need to worry about those

3: It is recommended to put the FTX entries up the top of the scenery library, FTXcentral automatically configures this for you anyway

Make sure you set FTXcentral to [Default] before installing any non-ORBX scenery and you will not have any problems

Cheers

Tim

Archived