A great Lancair update

airman

I want to congratulate all those who made changes and updates to the Lancair with the new 1.2 patch. Although I cannot put my finger on all the modifications. I can surely tell how much improvement on an already super plane that was made. Every thing about this plane just seem "right".

Thanks again..

Airman

I also tried and I pretty enjoy the new stuff. But the Lancair is pretty hitting the FPS. But anyway I ll just stay away from the big airports and cities and the FPS are very good.

From that quality of textures and modell I wouldnt except anything else than stutters at Brisbane ;)

Hi,

I like the Lancair, the new patch is very useful, thanks a lot.

But I found a (very) little mistake, I think:

At the Airspeed Indicator it sais at the bottom "TAS" --> True Airspeed, but the Airspeed Indicator shows IAS --> Indicated Aispeed (that's why it is called Airspeed Indicator). You can read the TAS at the Nav Display of the Comm/Nav Units.

But as I told you, it is only a little mistake and not annoying.

Best regards,

Felix

It's actualy both. Indicated airspeed is read from the main scale, but it is possible to work out true airspeed using this instrument. By setting the tas card behind it correctly.

First step is to set standard density altitude on you altimeter and take the indicated altitude. Next step is to set the altitude scale read through the top hole in the asi to the density altitude that you read from your altimeter. Align this with the zero marker on the temperature scale. Read outside air temperature and make the altitude align with the temp scale. Then read off the white scale to get the corrected tas. Note that this is calibrated for normal cruise in the 150-220kias cruise speeds.

Hello,

I too installed the update but it seems to use all 4 gigs of my ram untill I get a fatal error in FSX and have to close the program, and also I loose the external textures on the aircraft in chase view and all I can see is the lights and the windows, vc view is fine. I am using the non HD version because the HD causes FPS increase but used to work ok before patch. Anyone else having any problems? Thanks,

Rockitglider B)

I have problems with the RAM and the Lancair, too.

I think that is because the Lancair needs much resources...

If you switch into the Outside View, the impact to the RAM is very big. But as in reality you aren't able to see your airplane from outside (in most of the cases...) If you don't switch views, the memory won't fill up so quickly. To save some of the memory I use the free tool "Game Booster"
/>http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

You can clean up your RAM with it.

Felix

I have to say this is one of the best sims out there ranking right with the best 2 or 3.

Game Booster is a great add on. It enables you to close down apps running in the background giving you more memory and resources for FSX. I have a 4+ year old computer and I'm able to run the lancair in HD fine with it.

Just a little question about the new patch, is it now impossible to choose both fuel tanks? I now can choose onle left, right or none.

That's correct, the real aircraft has no both option so it's the same for the simulated one. In reality there are very few low wing GA aircraft that have a both option.

That's correct, the real aircraft has no both option so it's the same for the simulated one. In reality there are very few low wing GA aircraft that have a both option.

Ah, okay. Ive just been confused because the checklist tells me to open both. I hope I get the Lancair airborne this evening. Like this plane very much :)

Archived