I'm in love ...

John Bosch

A little flight from Echuca to Mangalore via Kyabram and Nagambie just to test out the Tiger. There was quite a strong breeze blowing from the south west but the overcast was high so we should be ok!

At altitude (sort of ... Tigermopth speaking) heading south-south-east from Kyabram. I forgot to take the camera out before now!

Posted Image

South of Kyabram heading towards Waranga Basin. It's a pretty good navigation point :)

Posted Image

It really is very, very flat. I'm amazed the Basin's water actaully stays in

Posted Image

Charles in the front seat, is looking a little grumpy this morning ... what, what!

Posted Image

Seconds from touch down at Nagambie. That fuel bowser down there is really close to the runway. I don't care though since that wind has increased to 20 knots right in my face. Ground speed was about 25mph when we touched down. We barely even rolled forward!

Posted Image

Things got a little nasty as we approach Mangalore though. Rain is not pleasant while in an open Tigermoth. Especially when you are being over taken by the cars on the freeway below!

Posted Image

Since visibility had dropped off I took to following the railway line to Mangalore. It's the brown line running from the left leading edge through the canopy.

Posted Image

Finally, Mangalore in sight!

Posted Image

Safe and sound. I think we'd better call it a day. That rain looks to be setting in

Posted Image

The Tigermoth is such a beauty to fly. I really enjoy navigating by the seat of my pants and watching the terrain go by at such a sedate pace. I think I may have to begin my around Australia tour one day soon ... in the Tiger!

Archived