The next update to FTX AU Traffic is planned for release in late June or Early July so I thought it appropriate that we start to tell you what you can expect to find in it. This will be a major update with many new aircraft added and about 200 or so new liveries. The Piper AI aircraft will be the most significant addition with a good selection of Archer, Arrow and Warrior aircraft models courtesy of Andras Neuman with some 100+ expertly painted liveries done by our own Frank Cooper (Tennyson). Each aircraft in the FTX Traffic pack is a recreation of an actual aircraft and the piper collection will be no different. We have added just about every Piper aircraft in Australia we can find a reasonable photo of.

I plan to add at least one GA aircraft to as many FSX Australian airports with APX parking as I can for this release, including the OZx ones, so there should be no shortage of company in the air wherever you fly on our Continent.

Here is a collection of some of the new Pipers you will see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The airlines are not being forgotten with a complete rewrite of all the flight plans for the major Australian and New zealand carriers based on their scheduled timetables for the last week of May 2011. This update also includes 10 Qantas A380 aircraft, which is in line with their current fleet status, as well as new aircraft and liveries for airlines such as Virgin Australia and Air Niugini.

Also included are a few of the special paints including the Virgin Australia AFL B737 paint and the Air New Zealand 'Crazy About Rugby' A320.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll provide more updates as we get closer to release date.

Good-Day Graham

Even though I am a Cessna man myself,and fly a Jabiru,I think your Piper's look absolutely magnificent , and they are credited to you and your Team,with the advent of the release of the next update to FTX AU Traffic ? I do not know if it is within your department? could speak on my behalf ,the problem being the victor hotel in front of the registration over the radio!!! could the victor hotel be depleted all together please ???

Thank you, regards Shaun.

PS.Also the new procedure for circuit radio calls, known longer do we call the four legs of the circuit,however knowing the professional team that you operate, you are up to speed with this already.SCG.

Hi Shaun,

I would love to add a collection of Cessna aircraft to the Traffic pack but the only one we have permission to use at this time is the C177. I’m working on more but it could take some time yet.

You should find that the call signs for GA traffic have already been structured so they drop the ‘Victor Hotel’ in all radio communications. If you find any instances where that is not the case, then please let me know the particular aircraft and I will look into it.

Good -Day Graham

As per your last post,I have Since had a look around the sites and also at my downloads and I suspect I'm still running on version 1.00 FSX AU traffic??and now suspect that is the reason for the victor hotels ??? I am currently downloading your 3.01 Zip . Do I just load that automatically and it will overrides the version 1.00 ? also I have all my aircraft made into AI A/C popping up at various airports.Now I hardly remember what the system was used to do that!!! is it a part of and in the AU traffic ??? once again thank you for your time Graham. Regards Shaun.

Version 3.01 provides a much more orderly installation of the FTX AU Traffic pack than earlier versions and provided you have not changed the structure of your earlier version, the new install process will take care of everything for you.

There is no mechanism to create additional traffic files within the FTX AU Traffic package, you will need something like Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner to do that, however V3.01 and later versions do give you something like 700 to 800 additional AI aircraft in you SimObjects/Airplanes folder which can be used in your own traffic files.

Version 3.01 provides a much more orderly installation of the FTX AU Traffic pack than earlier versions and provided you have not changed the structure of your earlier version, the new install process will take care of everything for you.

There is no mechanism to create additional traffic files within the FTX AU Traffic package, you will need something like Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner to do that, however V3.01 and later versions do give you something like 700 to 800 additional AI aircraft in you SimObjects/Airplanes folder which can be used in your own traffic files.

HI Graham

Sorry but my System is not doing the right thing tonight ? I have now placed 3.01 into the FSX (Love the new AI like the A-36)I am still having Victor Hotel on the radio ? Now at FTX: AU YCNK Cessnock Airport No victor Hotel but the airport is YCNK not Cessnock ?

Then at TUMUT on 126.7 (young traffic Cessna VH-LUT taking off runnway 01 south Dept) then back to the Y (YTUM traffic cessna VH-HTS taking off runway 35 Dept to north)some times town names some times airport(Y)names What have I DONE ?

Regards Shaun.

I'm not sure where those aircraft are coming from but they are not from V3.01 of the Traffic pack. There are also no flights into or out of Tumut in that pack so you must have some other source for those flights.

Many Australian airports are not included in the FSX ATC system and for those, only the ICAO code is used as an identifier. If you have EditVoicepack, you can update any missing ones but apart from that, there is little that can be done.

Good Day Graham

Well today I Looked into my Editvoice, and worked out a way of doing YCNK ! CESSNA and take the NA away,then KNOXVILL take the VILL away, the sound is Cessknock, so thank you Graham ,plus it filled in part of the day!!!

Once again thank you for your time Graham,

Regards Shaun.

Archived