PNW Demo

Hey ORBX fans/devs,

I am new to these forums and I am very interested in becoming an ORBX customer and supporter. I recently was curious as to how PNW would run on my system, so I downloaded the demo. However, right now, whenever I try to install the PNW demo, it installs and then I get an error about Microsoft.NET framework. I didn't know where else to put this post as the support one is for payware and I obviously do not have an order number for the demo...

Okay, so here's the error:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format"

I installed (to be safe) .NET 4.0 and it still doesn't work. I really would like to purchase this scenery (or at least try it out beforehand) but I keep getting this problem, so therefore, until I get this to work properly, I cannot. Also, I try to open FTX Central and a similar error pops up. Does anyone know a cause/solution?

Thanks a ton

Best Regards,

Wallace Cotton

Thank you,

I tried to reinstall 3.5 and my UT2 didn't work and my system was acting strangely. So I just recently reinstalled .NET 4.0 and UT2 still doesn't work and I assume the PNW still will not work. Is there a way to reset the .NET for Windows 7 64 bit? Once I do that, I shall reinstall the demo and see if it works because my other programs were working before and I'm sure the PNW demo would too. Do I have to reinstall Windows?

Thanks so much,

Best Regards

Hmm, that's a tricky one to be honest. You say neither the UTX nor FTX apps run at all? Something does not seem right. I think there is a Microsoft tool which checks the integrity of your DotNet installation and looks for issues. I'll ask the team for further advice. But I have to say if you're running Windows 7 then DotNet is already present and everything should run out of the box. Have you tried turning off any AV programs or other applications you're running? i.e. Reboot Windows, don't start any apps, disable the AV and then try running FTX Central or UTX.

I will certainly try that. The thing is, my .NET worked just fine but since I got an error (relating to .NET - I think) when trying to install the PNW demo (as cited in the original post above) I installed .NET 4.0 . I have gone back and forth between .NET 4.0 and .NET 3.5 in the past 24 hours and FTX Central still doesn't work and now my Ultimate Traffic 2 doesn't work.

So my point is that I installed a different .NET because I thought it would help the PNW demo work but by changing the .NET it has only caused new problems and I just want to reset the .NET to what it originally was.

Thank you,

Best Regards

We don't touch the .NET installation at all. Our files only live inside the FSX root folder and don't impact Windows or .NET in any way. If other FS addons now don't function because you've installed a .NET update, I suggest perhaps that your .NET update was not completed succesfully or something else has gone amiss with your Windows installation. Remember, all the FTX stuff does is add files and folders to your FSX folders, and we only modify FSX common files using FTX Central, which makes a backup when doing so. So without being dismissive here, nothing in our demo installer has caused anything else to fail, but I suspect your .NET installation is less than 100% sound at this time.

As I said I will bring this issue to the attention of Orbx team members who may be able to shed some more light onto the problem.

Thank you for the response - good news here though. I was able to reinstall .NET 3.5 SP1 and everything else works fine so no need to hassle your already hard working (and I shall say very talented) team on this issue! (I am sorry about before I was freaking out as you could probably understand as I feared that I had to reinstall windows - a panicked simmer can be a clueless one - but I appreciate you sticking with me on this) :) .

So now we are back to square one about the demo not installing properly lol. I will now re download the demo from your website and get back to you if the same problem arises.

Thank you,

Best regards

Ok, so I downloaded the demo again (I have been buried in work the last few days) and when I tried to open the download from Google Chrome I got a message saying that the download was invalid. This is new, I haven't gotten that before. The weird thing is I downloaded it straight from the PNW page on your website. Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Best regards

Just clear your browser cache and try the download again. Sometimes a partial or failed download can be held in your Windows temp folder and it does not download the full ZIP file again after that.

The filesize of OrbxFTXNABlueDemo.zip is 456,342,902 bytes.

I cleared the cache for my browser and I got the same problem. It appears that the download (which takes about 2 hours with my slow internet connection) stops with around 40 - 45 minutes left and when I try to open it I get the "this download is invalid" message. Not sure how to proceed. I really want to try out ORBX PNW but I cannot.. :(

Thank you

It's very hard to advise you when you don't have the computer in your presence, but I know how you feel. Personaly I'd spend a few 'bob' and get a good professional in to have a look for you, as you'll need it functioning well to get the best out of Orbx wonderful scenery.

Regards,

Jim.

Yeah I might actually do that because I keep getting the same problems with this. I was able to download the demo again (from a different computer and use a flashdrive to put it onto mine) but I got the same .NET Framework error.

Here the error in detail:

"See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

File name: '0 bytes loaded from System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence securityEvidence)

at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)

at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)

at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)

at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)

at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)

at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)

at FTXCentral.FTXC.LoadFTX_Last()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.DispSplash()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.FTXC_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4959 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.1

Win32 Version: 1.0.2.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box."

No clue what to do. This error pops up right after the PNW demo finishes installing and when I open FTX central. My best guess (which probably isn't too good) is that this needs .NET 2.0, which is strange considering I have 3.5

Thank you for your help.

I installed the Tasmania Demo and I had the same problem. The FTX Central is simply not working properly/installing properly on my computer. I get the error that I posted above right after installation and when I try to open FTX Central. I cannot use any of your products if this keeps happening and I want to purchase them. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thank you

Archived