Can I remove all of ORBX Night Lighting

Bernie

Hi,

I know people will be wondering why I would want to do such a thing but I have a reasonable reason. I fly with Anaglyph 3D all the time now and have always flown during the daylight hours. I just happened to try flying at night outside of Australia using the Anaglyph 3D and noticed that the default night lighting, (Not The Runway Lighting) was rendered correctly for 3D. The problem in Australia is that the ORBX lighting (Mainly Street Lighting) but there are other lights also that are not Rendered for 3D and appear as two lights. If I could turn these off and use the FSX ground lighting, it would be quite acceptable under Anaglyph 3D. It appears that autogen lighting works OK. If you look at the cars running around, their lights appear as they should. If you look at a static Light pole, they are not OK. The effect of the ORBX lighting is fantastic until you use 3D. When I run the default Australian FSX Scenery, I can still see some of the Lighting which appear to be ORBX (Correct me if I am wrong) but outside Australia with default FSX Scenery, I do not see any of these lights. So I guess back to my question, can I remove all of these lights for night flying?

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Unfortunately no. The 3D light effects are an intrinsic part of the autogen annotation process for FTX and the only option available to you is to reduce your autogen settings slider to off. Being a user and fan of 3D in FSX, I find that the benefits of stereoscopic or Anaglyph vision are not that useful during night flying so I generally reserve it for use during the daytime only.

Hi John,

Thankyou for your reply, Does this mean that if I run the FTX Central, and revert back to Default FSX for the Australian region, there will still be ORBX lights visible. In the terrain.cfg file there are ORBX entries such as "ORBX FTX-PNW Road 3L Streetlights" Yes i also have PNW. If these entries were excluded by remming them out, would that autogen then not appear?

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Reverting back to Default FSX will make the FTX lights disappear, since FSX will be using default autogen.

We do not support any tweaks to terrain.cfg or other system files, sorry. We can't stop you of course, but you would be in unsupported territory.

Hi John,

Thankyou again for your reply. I will make backups before I play. I certainly think your lighting is something special but as I pointed out in my original question, it is purely to suit my needs that I play around with it. Thankyou for your help in this matter. I show off you scenery in all it's glory when showing friends.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Hi,

I managed to do it without any hassles. I just renamed the FX file in the Effects folder for the ORBX street lights and bingo, Job Done. I hope this can be of assistance for anyone else wishing to make Anaglyph 3D better for Night flying.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Archived