AI Traffic behaviour

capt sl

Hi

was doing some plane spotting at YMML when i noted that an aircraft landed , taxied to its parking and shutdown normally. however when time came for its next flight it went to clearance mode and got stuck in that mode. this happened also at YMAV, YSTW,YSCH

takeoff and landing are otherwise normal if sim is started and a flight is due to depart or land

• 1 year later...

This can happen when a returning aircraft does not stop precisely on the centre of the parking spot. The problem is a combination of the way some AI aircraft are built and the placement of lead up path to the parking spot. I've spent many many more hours than I care to remember trying to fine tune airports to prevent this but it is a very time consuming and frustrating process. Some AI aircraft are worse than others in this regard, the Aardvark B717 (used in both UT2 and the FTX AI pack) being a classic example.

I guess Microsoft did not think anyone would remain at any one particular airport long enough to see the same aircraft arrive and then depart again.

oh ok didnt know that sorry.

thx a lot for the explanation graham

interestingly u mention 717 , that aircraft was the one that did leave at ybas . while the qantas 738(FAIB) and tiger (djc) didnt

anyway no problems.. this can be marked closed :)

Although we have permission to use the FAIB AI models I've chosen not to use them as I have encountered a few problems with them. Pity because they do look quite good although the paint kit is a little too dark for my liking. The B717 parking spot at YBAS should be perfect as I spent the better part of five frustrating hours sorting that one out.

Archived