Pacific Fjords - how to get water colours as on screen shots

tatankamani

Hi,

I would like to know, what did Holger resp. his developers do, to get water colours as shown on several screeen shots. I mean that very dark, green water ? My water effects settings are HIGH 2.x, REX 2.0 does not change water colours. Did you apply FS Water Configurator, or what else ?

Thank you

Guest J van E

Hello Bruno!

Actually, you can change water color within REX 2.0. Just click on the "Inland water" or "Ocean water" icon and try to play a little with those sliders on the right ;) .

Hm, afaik REX water colors won't have any effect on Orbx water, at least not on American waters. I think that works down under only. I use FSWC to get (completely) different water colors in PNW (a lot darker and greener indeed). Default water looks way to blue and light to me... If you want to, I can post my FSWC water settings... er, I think... (FSWC doesn't read the current setting, unfortunately, and it's been a while since I changed settings, so I don't know if I can recall which settings I've been using for over a year now...!).

Hi J van E,

you are absolutely right; REX does definitely not change american ORBX (PNW)waters. It took me hours, to figure out, that REX changes water colours ONLY outside the PNW area, but definitely not inside. I know FSWC and can play around with, thats no problem.

Though, I would prefer to use Shader 3 instead of Shader 2. But FSWC runs with Shader 2 only, as far as I know.

Thank you

Sparkling for waves textures and forms is one of my favourites too on REX... Don't know if i will reinstall FSWC but with Heiko's advice, i should make another try.

You can also try "it's water" in REX... Good results too ;)

Archived