defragger recommendation

ruprecht

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a defragger to optimise performance for FSX.  I am running Vista 32 and, most importantly, 2x WD Raptor drives in RAID 0.

I have looked at both O&O and UltimateDefrag but neither specifically state that they support RAID configurations.  I have also seen Diskeeper but am a bit wary about having continual defrag going when peak performance is required. 

Does anybody have an authoritative recommendation?

Thank you

I use Ultimate Defrag since I got it free when I purchased FSX :)  I'd be happy to pay $$'s for it if I had to.  I'm just about to purchase the upgrade to the latest version.  Got the demo and am happy with it.

No problems, defrags well.  Can't compare it ot the other products though!!

Gotta see how much dough is left in the simming budget after FTX Green and YMML + my recent CPU purchase  :o.  U. Defrag upgrade might have to wait 'till next month.

Well, I used the good ole windows defragger (well may you laugh) and then used a freebie defragger, "Auslogics Free Defrag" and found that after the windows defrag, the Auslogics defrag could not improve the defragging.

You might want to consider which version of O&O to get. Nick_N posted a set of instructions on other forums for optimising computers running XP but this does not work with the newer versions of O&O. You would have to downgrade to V8.5 or V8.6, which is what I did.

Cheers,

Noel.

You might want to consider which version of O&O to get. Nick_N posted a set of instructions on other forums for optimising computers running XP but this does not work with the newer versions of O&O. You would have to downgrade to V8.5 or V8.6, which is what I did.

Is this a problem with Vista?

No, Nick_N's widely posted recommendations are only for XP. I just wanted the wider audience to understand that the current version of O&O is not the one to use with Nick_N's approach to XP optimisation. Sorry if I did not make that clear...

Cheers,

Noel.

In addition to the default windows and Auslogics Disk Defrag, defraggers I also use a registry defragger - also from Auslogics,  Auslogics Registry Defrag - do not know if it really speeds things up but does something.

Archived