Pleasant Places: Bella Coola, BC

Tailgunner

Nice pics. I'd really like it if JV would develop this fabulous little strip and add it to the range of their add-on airfields....? Although, come to think of it, there's probably a hundred other equally valid sceneries...

Nice pics. I'd really like it if JV would develop this fabulous little strip and add it to the range of their add-on airfields....? Although, come to think of it, there's probably a hundred other equally valid sceneries...

*Cough*

In terms of our plans for payware airports, I can confirm here (exclusively first to RTMM!) that we're releasing PAKT Ketchikan, CZST Stewart and CYBD Bella Coola through 2011 and early 2012. These are being created by Russ White who as most of you know, is a 3D modeling magician and in particular you're going to see some incredible ground-breaking new tech at Ketchikan which will amaze you all. I personally cannot wait to do the hop between these three locations!

Here: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=55.msg190#msg190

...pretty cool?  ;D

*Cough*

In terms of our plans for payware airports, I can confirm here (exclusively first to RTMM!) that we're releasing PAKT Ketchikan, CZST Stewart and CYBD Bella Coola through 2011 and early 2012. These are being created by Russ White who as most of you know, is a 3D modeling magician and in particular you're going to see some incredible ground-breaking new tech at Ketchikan which will amaze you all. I personally cannot wait to do the hop between these three locations!

Here: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=55.msg190#msg190

...pretty cool?  ;D

Ahhh, well done, thanks for the heads up matey. In fact, I can't think of three other airstrips that I would rather see than these!  ;)

. . . I can't think of three other airstrips that I  would rather see than these!  ;)

+1 on all three!  ;D 

Back a good number of years ago, The inimitable Holger Sandmann (I'm  quite sure it was he) produced a local-area FSX scenery package specifically  for Bella Coola and its environs.  Anyone remember the big, lumbering  bear?  The C-47 fuselage?  The flocks of birds over the runway?  It is/was really nice -- even by today's standards, so it's stood the test of time very well.

So, with that scenery, and my subsequent familiarity with the area, CYBD  became my Numbah-Wun favourite spot on the wet coast.  And while it certainly  appears to be more than just "okay", as it stands with its current FTX application, it's nice to know that it'll someday soon get The full, 1911-era, Orbx-FTX treatment!

(Whereupon, maybe we'll again get to see that useful little landmark, the docked ferry -- the one at the turn of the road, just two miles west of the town.) (Big Hint  :D )

Archived