Eugene, OR (KEUG)

shipdriver

I had no idea how different the FTX KEUG is from the Default KEUG!!!! I had accidentally started the flight with FTX Central in Default and thought I had entered the wrong airport code into the departure selection, because I didn't recognize where I was. Lost immediately after takeoff! The default airport does not even remotely resemble the approach plate as the FTX version does. Even the surrounding landclass is totally different. I promptly quit the flight and rectified the situation. :)

Phew! Back to an airport that actually resembles KEUG!

Posted Image

[img width=1160 height=652]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/9332011_3_22_19_8_3_608.jpg

Thank you shipdriver,

I have worked very hard to make even the default FTX airports as realistic as possible, thanks for your noticing.

With more objects to choose from and better aerial shots from Google Earth, Bing, etc the airports in each new area get more realistic.  Hope you enjoy.

Cheers, Neil (the PNW, PFJ, NRM and upcoming CRM airport guy)

Great shots there again Tailgunner!!!

and:

Many thanks Tailgunner,

I'm almost on the final leg of the 454 airports in CRM and I think you'll be pleased with the results.  Beta should be out pretty soon.

Cheers, Neil

WOW - Super to read about that!!!!! Great news!!!!! Great work!!!!!

Hey Neil,

Just a quick thanks from me too on the fine work you've done with the default airports in PNW esp.  I drive from Redding, CA to Lynnwood, WA 3-4 times a year and try to stop in at the smaller airports for a look around.  KEUG is awesome.  Thanks!

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the kind words.  I am from Northern California, born in Oakland and raised in Oroville, and took that trip from up here in Mountlake Terrace (now Lynnwood) back to see family in the Santa Rosa/Yuba City area MANY times.  What would we do without I5?  That's why I'm so looking forward to doing NCA, I'll be doing my "home town" area (I've already finished a few of the airports around Oroville in my spare time)

The first thing that comes to my mind of Redding is HEAT!!!  During the summer you can fry eggs on the sidewalk there.  It was one of the few areas hotter than Oroville!!

Next time you come up this way look me up in Lynnwood so we can have a visit.

Cheers, Neil 

That's why I'm so looking forward to doing NCA, I'll be doing my "home town" area (I've already finished a few of the airports around Oroville in my spare time)

Of all of the upcoming ORBX products, none ranks higher for me than NCA on my guaranteed purchase list.

Terrific shots!

And must hand you my thanks as well, Neil. The hard work you and the team have done (and continue to do!) really makes the ORBX product line stand out.  Even on my limited income right now, I try to save a bit to get the regions / aerodromes that most interest me. Unfortunately, you gents make it very hard to decide which ones as they ALL interest me!!  ;D

Ahhh... the drive from SoCal to Seattle / Whidbey Island... many is a time I went by Mount Shasta at night - with the moon shining brightly... wondrous sight! Then reversing it to see Shasta in all her glory (and last trip balder than usual - and the lake soooo low!!) My folks lived once upon a time in Lynnwood, also Kirkland / Bellevue... and the PNW scenery does it all quite well.

Since I did Antarctic Service in the late 70's / early 80's, am now awaiting anxiously the South Island of New Zealand... We always flew either at night or I was never able to gaze out the small windows on that blasted C-130!  ::)

Many thanks to you and everyone there at ORBX!

Cheers,

Hey Neil,

I'll do that!  Coming up at the end of the month.  Yes, Redding is famous for HEAT, but we have many lakes and rivers to take the melt out of the day.  Been cold and rainy lately and tons of snow.  When it clears off this Sunday Mt Shasta will be a sight, as will all the mountains around here.  I grew up in Castro Valley (below Oakland) but spent 18 mo in Adak, Alaska in the Navy.  Loved every minute of it.  Redding may be hot in summer, but if it was any nicer everyone would want to live here.  ;-)

Archived