A couple more old photos (edits)

G'day all,

Got some time to work on some more old photo edits of the Connie, as started a couple of days ago here.  This time, we've upgraded to colour film  ;D  Replicating old colour shots is so much harder than working with B&W/Sepia shots, especially getting the exposure right and aging it convincingly.  So, here are the results, snapped enroute from Launy to Avalon on a mild summer's morn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've gone for severe depth of field by masking out the aircraft and applying and unfocus blur, and gone heavy on the exposure to try and replicate an old film camera - with added film grain and noise.  There's also a very slight spherical distortion to mimic a cheap lens.  Then I've messed with the contrast and yellowed the image before overlaying the semi transparent image over a white background to fade the final result.  All of this done in paint.net (free!!!), no need for Photo$hop.

As a comparison, here's the originals...  (great idea Howard  ;))

Posted Image

Posted Image

And just for the sake of completeness, here's the one I posted the other day with its original...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you all like the results, as always I look forward to your comments/criticism  :D

Cheers,

Derek

Nice work Derek, i like the second shot very much.

cheers

Iain

100% agreed - and me too: like the second one too very much - it is the one that also "looks best"  (as i like them all) to me, even when unedited!

Archived