Roll on Orbx "RED"!!

teecee

Dear lord.. I just took my first and last look at the default FSX Red Heart... in particular, The Alice.. A bright blue river (which flows about once a year if you are lucky, and is most certainly never blue).. houses on the top of Mt Gillen.. Highrise buildings.. and a bright green airport.. Never again, until Orbx works it's magic..Roll on Orbx Red.. Teecee.

Posted Image

Yes, my very first FSX flight was from my home town of Broken Hill. I was very disappointed to find the place reduced to a few huts and the beautiful red soil a kind of straw coloured mess. Even Stephen's creek, which has about 1 foot of water in it every 10 years, is a nice blue river!

I too am hanging out for AU Red. I have dibs on building this strip. It's where my love of flying was born! :D

Oh ... and this one if the FTX team can get Menindee lake next door too look as dry as it currently is :)

Too right Teecee,

I lived there for five years and saw the river flow seven times.  They say if you see it flow more than three times you are a local!  Anyway, I never noticed any buildings on top of Mt Gillen in all the times I have climbed it excepting the transmitter and airnav installations at West Gap at the southern end of the escarpment.  Though, having seen many sunrises and sunsets up there I would love to build a discreet humpy on top!  Thankfully, for the sake of the mountain's beauty that won't be allowed.

I cannot wait to fly Red along the West MacDonnell Ranges, to Gosses Bluff and low and slow back along the Finke River - the oldest river on earth.  There is so much to look forward too!!

Brad.

I had seven years in the Alice... best years of my life.. it's a fantastic place to live.. and hopefully will become a fantastic place to fly.. some of you guys that like to drop dirt strips here and there might like to look at the Territory.. every mission and station ( and there are heaps of them) have one.. just a simple dirt strip usually.. not even a shed, though this is not always the case.. Teecee.

Archived