Temora anyone?

John Bosch

Being only two and a half hours from the Temora Aviation Museum and having a love of WW2 vintage aircaraft I try and get out there every chance I get. Does anybody else make regular visit there?

I'm currently organising my life around going again on Saturday the 30th August (yes, I have to plan that far ahead). Meeting an FTX enthusiast or two would certainly make the trip just that much more entertaining!

Oh, by the way. You can find some photos of mine from a trip out there a couple of years ago here. I took these for some english friends with whom I fly IL-2 most Sunday mornings.

Guest Aussieman

Flying the Wirraway would have been the one and only Tom Moon.

At the controls of the Boomerang would have been Matt Denning who restored the aircraft over a 27 year period.

The August flying day would be the time I could go. Will need that long to save for the petrol for the 3 1/2 hout trip from Lithgow.

Cheers

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Wirraway.  I also live in Canberra and have been heading out to Temora several times a year since about 2002. Sometimes staying overnight locally, including camping at the airport Caravan park. The Boomerang is my favourite aircraft.  I have the Aeroplane Heaven Boomerang for FS9 which is Matt Denning's aircraft.  I would be interested in going out again on Aug 30.  Your PICs are great, I would like to know what camera and lens you use.  Would be happy to meet there or maybe we could save some petrol $.

Hi GaryT22. Sharing a car sounds good to me! As for the camera, I used a Panasonic Fz.20 for those shots. There's nothing speical in the lens department since it's not an SLR, other than Panasonic uses Lumix lenses.

All is shaping up for the trip. I've reorganised my phone support roster so I'm not on that weekend and I've warned the family not to organise anything for me then either. So far, so good!

OK Wirraway.  I will work on getting a leave pass from the boss (wife) for 30 Aug.  It would be good if we could get others from the Flight Sim community to meet at Temora.  I took the attached photo of my wife in a Tiger from a Tiger I was in over Wanaka NZ in March this year.  As I've been learning to fly the pilot let me fly it around a bit, pretty cool.  I have Just Flight's (Aeroplane Heaven's) Tigers in my Sim.  Will be in touch.

it sounds great , i think i want to go out on the 30th of aug

maybe can pick pat up in lithgow to save on petrol ;)

p.s.  is it more of a go on Saturday , camp somewhere then come back Sunday arvo?? if so this fine also

I've got a leave pass so I will be going out to Temora on 30 Aug.  My preference is for the Saturday.  Closer to the event we can arrange where to meet.  It would be good to get a few from the flight sim community.  The more the merrier. ;D

Guest Aussieman

it sounds great , i think i want to go out on the 30th of aug

maybe can pick pat up in lithgow to save on petrol ;)

p.s.  is it more of a go on Saturday , camp somewhere then come back Sunday arvo?? if so this fine also

Mate, I am happy with that. Quite happy to share the petrol cost. Will contact my mate in Wagga and see what the hotel situation is. There is one there that costs either $20 of $40 a night.

I've got a leave pass so I will be going out to Temora on 30 Aug.  My preference is for the Saturday.  Closer to the event we can arrange where to meet.  It would be good to get a few from the flight sim community.  The more the merrier. ;D

i am lucky .... I don't have to apply for a leave pass  ;D

Cheers

Pat

Ok. The Saturday was my prefered day too and I'm happy to drive. Agreed, we work out the details closer to the day.

• 4 weeks later...

bump

me my brother and aussieman are heading there for sat 30th and most likely staying overnight somewhere to go again on the sun 31st

anyone else still going?

if so we should swap mobile numbers in PM and text each other on the day to meet up for a FTX/OZx gathering ;D

Meatycus and Wirraway,

Yep.  I still intend to go to Temora on the 30th.  The more Flight Simmers the merrier.  I've purchased the A2A B377 which is a great plane especially with the Accu-sim.  Starting it up cold and operating all the Engineering controls etc is great fun.  I want to see a Connie of similar quality.  Flying west over Canberra towards the Snowy's with snow in the distance blew my mind (thanks FTX) I'm going to have to do it again and post a screen shot.  See you guys next Saturday with the smell and sound of real aeroplanes.

I'm going to get YMML soon so I can land my B377 and taxi up to the terminal in style.

:)

Aeroplane Heaven are developing the Connie.  I hope they will rise to the standard of A2A in developing it.  I have the Tiger Moth (ported to FSX) and the Boomerang (FS9) developed by AH which are of great quality.  The Boomerang is the exact same aircraft you will see at Temora. ;D

Yes, I agree the B377 has set the standard for large multi-engine aircraft.  The trouble with this is ,if I get any other aircraft and its not as good I will be disappointed.  So this raises the bar for Aeroplane Heaven's Connie.  Jus as FTX has raised the bar for any scenery add-ons.  No I haven't seen a Qantas repaint for the B377 but there is a beautiful TAA repaint on the A2A Forum.

Hope to meet you next Saturday at Temora. :)

Myself and GaryT22 will be traveling to the airshow in Temora this Saturday where we'll be meeting up with Meatycus and others. There's two spare seats in my car if there's anybody else in Canberra that would like to join us. If you're interested just give me a PM and I'll let you know the details.

Guest Aussieman

Tim (Meatycus), his brother and myself left Lithgow at 0600 this morning. Great trip, but upon arrival things fell apart. Original plan was to text each other as to where to meet. That is where the fun began. 3 mobiles, one with signal but no credit, one with credit and no signal and lastly one with credit but flat battery. My phone is a $elstra 3G while the others were Vodafones.

Still a great day of flying with the show finishing just as it started to rain.

Hope to post some pic later tonight or tomorrow as I am not long home.

Cheers

Pat

Guest Aussieman

At the moment we are discussing arranging something for Nowra on the 26th of October and Temora in November.

Once we got a signal, we were in Cowra and it turns out we were not far from you. We were right up the end near the 2 private jets.

Cheers

Pat

yeah shame about the communications meltdown we had

it was a bit like : Monkey no see, Monkey no hear, Monkey no speak

I think pat even asked the guy on the mike to call out your name (like for lost children ;D) but somehow he forgot to announce it

awesome display of aircraft, I loved the Boomerang the most, the sound of the wind in the open gun ports was almost spine chilling, and who couldn't be in awe of a spitfire doing its thing

the Canberra bomber was cool to see flying

nice couple of jets up where we were sitting, 2 minutes of snooping when i got home resulted in the owners ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, looked like a nice day, too bad about the comms problem. Had I known this was on I would have come, bugger!

Anyway, October is not far away and I'd be interested in going to the Nowra show.

Unrelated - I just finished a flight from Launceston to Nowra upon landing I was try to decide which way to go and it reminded of the airshow there some years ago. Of the most notable displays, I saw the super connie there.

So, Nowra in October 26th that's locked into my diary. 

I was disappointed to miss you guys.  It looks like we were in spitting distance from each other.  Mobile comms at Temora have always been a bit difficult, had the same problem with a friend from Melbourne.  But a good day nevertheless with the rain hanging off just long enough. Yep I would be willing to have another go at meeting up.

Archived