Portland Cityscape Manual

jronredus

First let me THANK YOU for your wonderful products, payware and freeware !!!

I seem to remember that a manual for Portland was mentioned somewhere during the install process, but I can't find it.  Not in FTX Central, nor anywhere in the ORBX folder under FSX ...

Not a big deal, but I've become used to your great documentation even for freeware !!!  Any help in finding it - if it's there - is greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Ron (:>)

Ron,

I just looked through the entire ORBX folder in my FSX installation using Explore, looked in the Programs function and found no mention of a manual for PDX Cityscape.  I do not recall a mention of a manual when I installed Portland.  I may be wrong and if so I expect that someone will quickly correct my assumption that there is no manual provided with Portland Cityscape.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I appreciate that there might not be a manual, but, neither is there any information in the download application regarding what settings we need to configure our texture resolutions, etc, etc, in FSX, to be able to obtain the full enjoyment of this freeware scenery, can someone advise please.

Thank you.

Transport Steve.

Unfortunately Tim, I had a huge PC failure and had to do a complete format of my C:drive, I never put the PNW demo version back on it again, as it does state that you don't need any extra PNW scenery to be able to operate Portland. I was hoping that there would be a small Read Me in this download, for any newcomers to your scenery offerings, not too worry, I'll install the PNW demo again.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheerz.  Transport Steve.

Ack, forced formats are never fun things...

as it does state that you don't need any extra PNW scenery to be able to operate Portland

I have looked around but I cant see where it says this, as it should rightly be changed, the autogen trees, buildings, roads, and some minor library objects rely upon PNW, and the excludes and object placement is designed to block out some PNW items to add new ones, That's why its a complimentary freeware add-on for PNW users, otherwise I would have to create two versions of Portland to cater for default FSX

Some people even call it teaseware ;D

Oh, well I apologise most profusely then Tim, I can't seem to find this info. either now, as I wanted to show it to you, I must have been having a blonde moment, I have a few of those these days, once you get past 50 funny things start to happen......;D

Anyway, I have successfully installed both the demo and Portland City and have had a wonderful few hours flying around and will submit a few screenshots in my appreciation to the developers.

Thanks for your help.

Cheerz.  Transport Steve.

Archived