How do I uninstall YMLT or fix the 'Could not switch options'

stewart22

Hi

Can you help?

I have installed YMLT again by mistake and now I can’t make any changes to the Control panel options for any of the various settings – Airport clutter – Airport vehicles etc. I just get  ‘Could not switch options’

How do I fix this, or how do I delete it so that I can reinstall. I cant find any thing relating to the scenery in the Orbx folder within FSX .

Regards

Stewart 

Flightstore: #136424

ORBXYHBA / ORBXAUSP3 / ORBXKORS / ORBXYSCB / ORBXYSTW / ORBXYPEC /

SW104988_67827

Hi

And thanks for the prompt reply.

The scenery was working ok and I was able to make changes to the control panel before I went and did a second install by mistake over the first install of YMLT, so I presume I have all the correct scenery required. I have Australia SP3 installed.

Regards

Stewart

By reinstalling while you have some items deselected you may have ended up with a few duplicate files on your system.

Best to go to the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_AIRPORTS/Scenery and check the files commencing with ORBX_YMLT_*****. Look for any of these files ending with .OFF and see if you have an equivalent file without the .OFF in the name. If you have, then just delete the ones with the .OFF and you should be fine again.

Alternatively, you could delete all the files commencing with ORBX_YMLT_***** and reinstall YMLT again.

Hi Graham

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Easy when you know where to look. I deleted all the files and reinstalled working like a treat thanks again and keep up the good work fanatstic scenery.

Stewart

PS. it's 9pm here in the UK so only just been able to give it a try and get back to you.

Archived