help with portland

skelly

Hello: I have just installed the Portland scenery and was making a flight from KORS to KPDX. on a leg from vor pae to tcm i encountered a fatal error and fsx had to close. There was no error msg or anything just a fatal error. I tried over and over and every time it crashed in the exact same spot right in front of the down town core in seattle as soon as i get in front of the buildings it crashes everytime.. having known this was working well before installing portland scenery I went to the scenery library and disabled portland and sure enough it all worked well i was able to fly through. I reinstalled portland and made sure my orbxlibs were up to date and tried again with no luck still crashes in the same spot. other programs I have installed is fsgenesis, utx usa, gex, pnw, kors and starks twin oaks.

Thankyou for you support

Hi Peter,

There's not really anything... in... Portland that would have an effect outside of its area, all of its files are located within its own folders, if you are completely convinced its Portland CBD at fault, then I suggest you remove one by one the 15 files located in the FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE\Scenery folder

(there is nothing in the texture folder that might cause anything, just textures and AGN)

Cheers

Tim

Hi, every appcrash gives details, make sure to read them, cause they can pinpoint the problem. I think you're running into a stack overflow combined with a (possible) bgl interpreter error (g3d.dll). These can be resolved most of the time by the following sequence:

uncheck the suspected scenere in the scenery library. Close fsx. Restart fsx, do a flight over the area. When outside the area, check the scenery again in the library. Close fsx. Restart fsx and try the area again. If this fails, the overflow can be reduced by lowering the system load, like The Aviator suggested.

Archived