FSX Fatal Error

Dags60

Gday guys n gals

I sure hope someone can help me figure out this problem i now have with FSX.

I havent been for a fly for a few days, but when i went to fire up FSX not long ago i get this error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000010

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 3081

I sure hope someone can help out with this problem, this is the first time i've struck it.

Hopefully i won't have to re-instal the whole show again.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers Dags

Gday ricky thx for the quick reply m8

I don't run gamebooster, i've tried turning off DEP and that hasn't made any difference either.

I've been searching on the net and haven't found a definitive answer to this problem as yet  ::)

What i might try and do is a system restore, and if all else fails might have to do the tedious talk of re-installing FSX and all my goodies  :-\

Cheers Dags

Gday ricky thx for the quick reply m8

I don't run gamebooster, i've tried turning off DEP and that hasn't made any difference either.

I've been searching on the net and haven't found a definitive answer to this problem as yet  ::)

What i might try and do is a system restore, and if all else fails might have to do the tedious talk of re-installing FSX and all my goodies  :-\

Cheers Dags

Hey Dags,

I have done re-installs as well with no positive results. Some might say Vista is poor choice for FSX, I believe it. but I hate to say it, but my problems really started when I installed the PMDG 744 (box). I love the PMDG products, and will with out a doubt be getting the NGX once it is released. But I'd say a good 70-80% of my crashes occure while flying either the 744 or the J41. Now, in all fairness, it has even happened while flying the NEW A2A Accusim spit!.

One trend I have taken note of over the years is, flying over/past Seattle, (even with default scenery) always causes a crash or corrupted graphics. I do a lot of flights in the Ariane 738 from Vancouver (CYVR) to Calgary (CYYC and the flight can be fine and smooth with no issues. But once I get to my destination after about say... an hour flight, I arrive to my destination, and ALL the buildings/terminals are missing.

FSX is a strange mysterious beast to say the least!! ;)

Hey again ricky m8

Thankfully i don't run Vista, i run W7 and funny thing is 2 days ago FSX was running very sweet & smooth, and yet today when i fire it up it comes up with this BEX error for goodness sakes.

I just did a system restore, no luck i'm afraid, FSX still has this BEX error.

Next step i might try a total re-instal of FSX, i know you said you have done re-installs with no positive results, but you never know, it may just work for me. Another strange thing is since last i went for a fly i've done nothing more and added nothing more to my FSX folder, so very strange indeed.

I'll wait a couple more days and see what else some of the other gurus around here might recommend and then still if no go will do the FSX re-instal.

Failing that i might even do a reformat. I usually reformat every 18-24 months, and i've now had this operating system for around 15, so maybe worth doing that as well if all else fails.

Cheers Dags

Hey Dags.

Sitting and thinking a bit, I also thought that a poorly exicuted overclock may be an issue. I know very little about overclocking and mine is done solely through the Asus EPU-6 program that came with my mobo. I'm sure that my OC is not the most stable, but that is the only way I know how to do it. Perhaps that could be part of the issue? hmmm. something to think about. :-\

Bring on the pros!! ;)

Hi,

Problem Event Name:  BEX

Application Name:  fsx.exe

Application Version:  10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp:  475e17d3

Fault Module Name:  unknown

Fault Module Version:  0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:  00000000

Exception Offset:  00000010

Exception Code:  c0000005

Exception Data:  00000008

OS Version:  6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID:  3081

This is another one that I was able to fix using the UIAutomationCore.dll replacement.

6.0.6001.1800 is the version of this file you need to put in your FSX root folder.

Kind Regards

bernie.

Gday again Ricky and gday Bernie

Ricky i havent got anything overclocked m8, so can rule that out as well.

Hey Bernie thanks for posting about that fix, but can you point me in the right direction as to where i can download that UIAutomationCore.dll replacement version 6.0.6001.1800, thanks in advance m8.

And yeh Ricky as you said ... bring on the pros!

Cheers Dags

Well, it's not obvious yet if you have a software or hardware problem. First step would be to make absolutely sure that it is not the hardware. IntelBurnTest V2.4 at high setting must finish without errors. Additional you could run a memory diagnostic tool like memtest86.

It's possible that one of your RAM sticks is faulty, you have to rule this out.

Cheers for that Ricky m8, alas thats the version i already had and tried it with no luck unfortunately  :-[

So hopefully Bernie will chime in again soon with a link for the new version so i can try.

M8 i'm literally ripping my hair out here (what hair i have anyway) about this problem.

So yeh if i can try the version Bernie said and if it doesnt work then i reckon i might bite the bullet and do a reformat of my system anyway, since its nearly time for me to do it again anyway.

LOL wouldnt you know it went to post this and 2 more posts just came in.

Gday Heiko m8 thanks for chiming in, i will run a memory test as you suggested to possibly rule out any hardware faults. Thanks for that m8.

Thanks guys and cheers

Dags

Hey guys quick update on my problem

I tested my ram as Heiko suggested, i have 2 sticks of 2 gigs each, so i pulled out one, booted up no problems, but still same BEX error.

Tried it with the second stick of ram and same thing, so its pretty safe to rule out the ram as a cause of the problem.

Any other suggestions other than the newer version of the UIAutomationCore.dll  Bernie mentioned would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

One thing i just remember though, i installed a program for the AI timouts (yes it was for FSX), it is called AI Time Out Fix. Now i do remember when i installed this i ran into this BEX error. Since this error has raised its ugly head i removed this file from the FSX folder. I dont know whether or not this had to do with this problem or not, but now i'm a bit suspicous even though it has been uninstalled/removed the the FSX folder.

Cheers Dags

hello dags i myself had fatal errors too and have reinstalled fsx a couple of times,this time arround i deleted my fsx cfg file and let fsx build a new one and that seems to of solved my my issue of fatal errors,it always happen arround ymml and i had to reduce my settings also,i wish you the best in getting it sorted mate. :)

Gday Timmo & Heiko

Heiko m8 i will run that burn test (yes on high and monitor my temps) as soon as i get a chance.

Timmo m8 i hear ya on that one, but FSX has been pretty good to me since i originally installed W7 64, so yeh i reckon m8 i will probably just re-instal FSX first and see what happens then with this BEX error.

I've been in that many forums regarding this bloody BEX error and there seems to be no immediate fixes. Sounds like its a complete mystery why it happens. Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack really as to what and where the error comes from.

Heiko thanks for that link m8 appreciate it.

So yeh reckon i might just re-instal FSX first then if i still get this damn BEX error i will then reformat my system (yes Heiko after running the burn test m8), then might just bite the bullet and do a reformat and be done with it. As i said in a previous post i usually reformat after 18-24 months so yeh i've now had W7 installed for 15 so yeh i'm getting close LOL.

Timmo m8 not even any use rebuilding my cfg i dont think cos this BEX error is at FSX startup, so FSX won't even start :-\.

Anyway i'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers all

Dags

Gday Kees

I'm glad you popped in with this m8 cos i had no idea about this error. I will check out the link you posted.

But i think i will just bite the bullet and do a windows re-instal nonetheless.

Cheers

Dags

Kees m8 i originally updated from XP, well was a fresh instal or custom instal as they call it.

But will be interesting reading about this BEX thing anyway so at least i will know what it is if it ever raises its ugly head again, so yeh reckon i will just reformat, i'm just about due for one anyway.

Cheers

Dags

Archived