Throttle range only 1%-99%

Valcor

Using both my Saitek X52 Throttle or my CH Yoke Throttle, I can't get the throttle at full 0% idle or full 100% thrust.  I've calibrated both devices and also have Null Zone to 0 and Sensitivity to Max.  I've also made sure the throttle axis is not assigned to anything else that could be interfering. 

If I use the mouse to manipulate throttle or F1/F4 keys it reaches both 0% and 100% fine.  It seems to be an issue exclusive to FSX.  I've done as much searching on this issue as I could and it seems many people have this 1-99% issue but I've yet to find a solution.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

I'd be inclined to widen the Null Zone to half the available slide scale and lessen the sensitivity on the throttle axis a little to solve that problem. Have you tried doing that?

The other option is to re-calibrate, but put a pencil or something of similar size or smaller temporarily at the end of the throttle axis slot on your controller while you calibrate... Then remove pencils once done. When you go to use the throttle after that, the system thinks the 0% or 100% point is actually inside the physical range of that particular axis and should allow the throttle to go back fully to 0% or up to 100%. Hopes that makes sense.

Increasing Null Zone or decreasing Sensitivity actually worsens the problem by giving even less throttle range.  Like 25%-75% or something as an example.  The way Aces coded the sliders for null zone and sensitivity is completely nonsensical. 

I will try the calibration with a purposeful error but don't want that to mess with every other game that the throttle range works just fine with.

Edit:  Just tried re-calibrating to try and trick the range with pencil but it still only moves 1-99%

Properly calibrated the Saitek will give you full range. I'd suggest you look at whether there is either an issue with the pot or sensor first then check the mechanical stability of the Quadrant.

More and more I see people relying on FSUIPC to solve problems that should have been resolved by finding the cause and not curing it with a software bandaid.

Archived