16 Spitfires flying together!

Tassie

My Grandfather's old Spitfire is in there. The AB910. It was the plane that he flew on D-Day.

His name was George Lawson and he just passed away a couple of years ago. He went over to the D-Day Memorial Flight to see his old Spitfire fly and was really pleased to see that it is still flying.

It is great to see the AB910 is still flying proud.....Thanks for posting this  ;D

My Grandfather's old Spitfire is in there. The AB910. It was the plane that he flew on D-Day.

His name was George Lawson and he just passed away a couple of years ago. He went over to the D-Day Memorial Flight to see his old Spitfire fly and was really pleased to see that it is still flying.

It is great to see the AB910 is still flying proud.....Thanks for posting this  ;D

Puts a lump in the throat.  :'(

Puts a lump in the throat.  :'(

Thanks....The one thing he said was he was very grateful to be in the cockpit of that aircraft on D-Day and not on the beaches below. He watched the entire days events unfold from above. It wasn't very well organized and he was also shot at by friendly fire, but he made it out OK. If I recall correctly his radio antenna was damaged from friendly fire.

Archived