What next?

chumley

I recently installed the Papua New Guinea mesh from OzX for a little tropical highland adventuring with Air Hauler.

I collected the B60 Duke at Wapenamanda (AYWD)  Alt. 5000+ ft in the mountains - and prepared for my flight.

As the Rex weather loaded I turned my back to the screen briefly and when I turned back I was confronted by a winter wonderland with heavy snow falling.

Apart from the snow the airstrip was nestled in a deep canyon with a towering rockface at the end or near to the end of the runway.

With a deep gulp of courage I stood on the brakes whilst firewalling the throttles.  The aircraft leapt forward and accelerated quickly to take off speed. I lifted off but it became apparent quickly that straight ahead spelled disaster so I heaved on the yoke and swung a sharp right climbing turn. the aircraft very nearly stalled but I crept above the walls of the canyon with literally feet to spare. The cloud quickly surrounded me and it was touch and go as I climbed to 18,000 feet narrowly missing disaster on a couple of memorable occasions.

I know that occasional snow falls and frost have been recorded in the PNG highlands but I doubt it would have been in mid summer.

Lets hope MS get this sort of thing correct in any future Sim.

Thanks

Andy b

Archived