Thinking of getting REX

Jimmy UK

Hi everyone, after finally being up to date with the Orbx products, I have been looking into getting REX.  What has really tempted me was reading the other topic on REX and FPS to hear that it has no impact on FPS compared to default weather which is brill :).  A couple of questions though -

1. What REX package should I purchase REX 2.0 I guess?

2. Do I need Overdrive?

3. Will this conflict or change the Orbx Aero textures?

4. What settings would you recommend?

5. What features to enable, water, clouds, weather, ground textures or all?

I'm really considering this product after all the great feedback and any advice or answers to my questions will speed up my purchase from FSS, if I knew all the info I need I would get my credit card out now ;).

Cheers

Jimmy

hello jimmy,i would have to say that rex is an awesome product and i highly recommend it,it allows you to change,taxi ways as in the textures of the appearance,it allows you to change sunrise,sky,sunset,water textures,cloud types,the look of the sun,lightning colours,the list goes on mate,as far as i know it does not conflict with any other programs,tho i sure some guys could answer that question much better,these days i perfer to buy rex and overdrive on dvd,being that my internet is slow and im impatiant when it comes to wanting a product,the only thing is delivery time ::)heres a link to rex and you can check out some awesome screen shots while you take a tour of the rex forum

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

hope this helps,once you buy rex,its best to join the forum over there also,the support is just like it is here fantastic,good luck in your decision mate :)

Hello there my old mate, yes get v2 then download overdrive and install making sure that you are up to date it explains this on there site. No it wont interfere with Aero here are Emmsies settings give them a go if you wish it will give you some idea and then change what you want.

My REX settings are as follows, Sky Theme, Sunrise Tribute[OD], Daytime, Bold [OD], Sunset, Exact[OD]  Cloud Theme, 3D clouds, CumulusSet 51 HD enabled, Cirrus clouds, Set 13 Inland Water and Ocean Water you will have to find your own settings for this one,  Tropical water is Colour me Beutiful. Wave animation is cRESTS [OD],

Hope you have fun as ive said before REX enhances FTX no end.

cheers

Iain

Hello there my old mate, yes get v2 then download overdrive and install making sure that you are up to date it explains this on there site. No it wont interfere with Aero here are Emmsies settings give them a go if you wish it will give you some idea and then change what you want.

My REX settings are as follows, Sky Theme, Sunrise Tribute[OD], Daytime, Bold [OD], Sunset, Exact[OD]  Cloud Theme, 3D clouds, CumulusSet 51 HD enabled, Cirrus clouds, Set 13 Inland Water and Ocean Water you will have to find your own settings for this one,  Tropical water is Colour me Beutiful. Wave animation is cRESTS [OD],

Hope you have fun as ive said before REX enhances FTX no end.

cheers

Iain

Thankyou for the settings my good friend and the tips also :).  Hey Emmsie if I purchase REX I can have screen shots like yours :), nah I don't think so your the master mate ;D.

Good to see your still up and running matey

Cheers

Jimmy

Guest J van E

Just to be sure: Overdrive is not needed. It offers extra textures etc. but it's not mandatory. I don't have it because I am more than happy with what REX 2.0 offers. It has MORE than enough choices to keep me happy for years and I really don't need yet another 1000 textures to choose from... the horror! ;D

One question I forgot, do you think my pc will run this fine package with all the eye candy or do you think it's time for endless tweaking and trial n error regarding performance.  I know nobody can garauntee the performance on any machine but generally do you think my pc spec (in sig below) will be able to run all the eye candy on full in this package.

Cheers

Jimmy

Yes mate that should do it alright, if not dont use the high res settings but i think you should be fine.

cheers

Iain

Nice one my friend thankyou for gettin back to me, I think I'm gonna grab myself the DVD tomorrow, only thing is I will have to wait 8-10 days for delivery.  I know theres no saying it will run great on my machine but it stands a chance then thats good enough for me.  If not as you say just notch down a little on the high res.  Cheers Emmsie I will be looking forward to receiving this late next week hopefuly.  It sure does look good from what I have seen, eye candy on the ground with FTX and eye candy in the air with REX, can't wait ;).

Cheers matey

Jimmy

When you get the DVD have a look on the back cover you might see somebody tou know ;D

cheers

Iain

Let me guess, its not you Emmsie is it ;D.  Don't tell me I'm kinda enjoying the suspense of it already.  You got the DVD yourself then mate.

Cheers

Jimmy

Thats quite correct mate I have seen that deal at FSS when I have been looking around with my credit card waving :), I think its like 45 Aus Dollars off or something, in my eyes thats a very fair discount.  I am a bit of a sucker for DVD boxed versions all my Orbx where possible are boxed and its a tidy little collection.  How do you know whats on the back then if you dont own the boxed version I wonder ;D.  I will have to wait and see my friend.  Cheers Emmsie

Jimmy

Time is of the essence, I couldn't wait and I have now purchased REX v2 and Overdrive from FSS :), Adrian at FSS I know your on here at the moment, please tell me it will be through my letter  box tomorrow when I get home from work ;D.  That would be nice half way around the world in 24hrs hee hee.

Cheers

Jimmy

yeah REX is worth it for sure.  All the texture choices are amazing  ;D  The only weak spot I found was it's weather engine.  It isn't bad and better than the default weather but a little simplistic.  I highly recommend Active Sky Evolution for your weather needs.  For one thing the haze is much smoother from above and below...no more hazy 'sheets' that jut out from mountians when looking at from above.

Cheers

TJ

Archived