Who wants to play courier....

Butch

Good evening gents,

In my office this aftenoon looking over Rodborough road in Frenchs Forest, I was looking at Australia Post sorting warehouse pondering what to do with my all red Cheyenne II. Well you know what?

I realised that their vans are painted Ferrari Red (go Massa go!) anyway, I thought 'well how about a line of courier schemes' and so it was born. My new line of courier Cheyennes!

So I got home this evening and popped open my favorite WYNNS Connawarra Estate Shiraz and set to work knocking up Australian Express's Cheyenne II. A couple of hours later my bottle of shiraz in bone dry... so yes I am pretty pissed at this point.  ;D ;D

After I post this I am going to raid my wifes stash of Oysterbay Semillion Blanc shsssssh....

That aside, I hope you enjoy this paint, I still have to do the light maps but that should be done by tomorrow. (give or take) heheheh which I will post.

Posted Image

Good night

Butch

UPDATE, I finished the light maps, you can get these textures here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/butch/AAE.zip

Butch, I am sorry to say this mate, but unfortunately it seems you have contracted the "bug"!

This is a long lasting infection that i contracted sometime ago and have not been able to shift. Symptoms include late nights, an aching mouse hand, a wife nagging at you to spend more time with her! and children moaning that they cant ever use the computer!

Still, despite those side effects, you can rest happy in the knowledge that you have created some quality repaints, and all joking aside, i really like this latest job!

The clean lines, colour choice and contrast produce a crisp finnish that works well with the surface reflection. I especially like the smaller detailing areas. Alas, i do not own the Digital Aviation Cheyenne, if i did then i would be first in line!

Keep up the good work mate,

Russ.

Thanks for the nice comments gents, yes I am still up and running...just. OPEC be dammed, bring on the fuel crisis I am burning pixels!

Next stop, Auspost scheme then IPEC.

Cheers,

Butch

SHIRAZ????    Man o Man...  I tried a Shiraz at a state fair one time that was so dry, it absorded the 1/2 case of beer I had already drank. Wish I could send you a gallon of homemade Blackberry or Watermelon wine.

Nice paint job. You are now officially "ADDICTED".

Goodevening guys,

A couple of Panadol Rapids this morning, a large flatwhite and I was bright as button.

For our overseas friends I thought I would mention that Australian air Express is a real company, they are tied up with Qantas you can check them out here: www.aae.com.au

I'll get started on the Auspost scheme this evening and might sneak in a flight around tassie, I've heard its raging there at moment. The other evening I did a flight from Flinders Island to Warnambool and the winds where vicious, 18kts - gusts to 36kts!

I knew it was going to be interesting on approach with the plane buffeting and yawing like crazy. On touchdown, I thought I had a greaser... just as I touched down a gust caught me and lifted the plane about 10ft?  I don't if that is realistic but I had decide what to do in about half a second. Gunned the engines a bit (which is somewhat difficult with turbo's) and thankfully was able to settle in back down without much more drama.

It made for and intersting flight though and the approach was pretty exciting.

Cheers,

Butch

Archived