Planning my tour around AUGold

Delare

You might have seen my reports from my tour around AUBlue in the screenshot section? Well, it's soon coming to an end, and I need to start planning my tour around AUGold! :) I use the map made by Tom T, but the gold map hasn't been updated with the freeware airports/airfields.

Anyways, I wanted to know where YOU think I should visit on my tour around AUGold. I'm unknown around AU so any help would be appreciated. I've mostly used the airports that are in the FSX list, because searching for many airports will take too much time when I got a whole tour to complete :) So, please recommend me airports or airfields to visit. Maybe even landmarks if there are any worth seeing. I think I'm going to have around 40 to 50 flights within the tour. The tour will be flown with the Piper Cheyenne.

If there's anything else you would recommend me doing on my tour, please say so :) I will make "screenshot" reports if the community want's it.

Thanks for any replies :)

you won't need many default airports, I think I've landed at 40 "homemade strips" in Queensland alone.

Have fun!!

p.s if you're using the same boat of a plane  ;)  you may cut that 40 down to 30.

nice pics and story as well.

Dave

Haha, yeah I guess the Cheyenne will need longer runways than the Twin Otter needs! ;D Oh well, will be fun to see how short runways it will land on ;)

Btw, I was thinking of maybe using Aerosoft's Hughes H-1B for AUGreen. Anyone who has it, would you recommend me using it on a tour? :P I've also thought about getting a Carenado plane, so if there's any that you like, please tell.

Yeah I actually thought about that plane. Looks good for VFR. Do Carenado release their products in boxed editions? Where would be the best place to purchase this for someone living in scandinavia?

Thanks.

Alright I've decided to only include airports with asphalt/concrete runways. This because I'm going to use the Cheyenne and it doesn't have the same STOL capabilities as the Twin Otter has.

I may also add that this is the first time I really fly the Cheyenne (only done some testing), so having airports with longer runways is better to practice on.

Could you guys help with finding has many as possible airports with asphalt/concrete runways within the AUGold region?

I would greatly appreciate it :)

Nevermind my last post, here's my tour around AUGold:

YSSY – YCNK – YSCO – YTRE – YKMP – YARM – YNBR – YWLG – YBRW – YDBI – YSGE – YGDI –

YSPE – YCAS – YLIS – YBNA – YBCG – YBAF – YTWB – YDAY – YCCA – YROM – YBCV – YBAR –

YAPH – YEML – YBTR – YTNG – YMTO – YGAY – YKRY – YAMB – YBBN – YRED – YBMC – YMYB

– YHBA – YBUD – YGLA

8)

Archived