NA PNW - Black rectangles on cars

moggel

Just tested it and you are correct: The black textures doesn't show up in DX9.

I am, however, a bit disappointed ORBX doesn't support DX10! I would have understood it if this where some old scenery from before SP2 (that's when DX10 was supported by FSX if I remember it correctly) but this product was release long after. I'm not alone in preferring DX10 since it tends to both look better and run smoother for me.

Does ORBX have any plans to remedy this texture incompatibility in the future?

Cheers

Jonas

The objects in question are part of FSX.

There are many threads about this, but the fact of the matter is that FSX is not DX10 compatible.

DX10 compatibility has absolutely NOTHING to do with SP2 compatibility.  All ORBX scenery is made with SP2 tools from Microsofts own SDK.

DX10 is fatally bugged, suffers from diminished antialiasing (hence the increased frames for some) and flawed rendering of transparency (black squares). Flawed bloom and reflection. Severe fx drawing order problems ... should I go on?

So we can remove half of the scenery and make it DX10 "compatible" or we can turn off a feature that was never properly implemented.

Jonas, When the scenery for Concrete was released, there was a problem with some of the grasses and DX10 users.  The CEO noted this and the

problem was fixed and a new library was issued.  He stated that some of the vehicles, stock FSX models were not compatible and perhaps at a time

in the future, Orbx would replace them with their custom models.  He does seem willing to offer support to the DX10 preview mode users.  Maybe

there is hope... maybe!

Archived