Lancair SP1 night lighting!

Will this affect our panel edits and the lightmap you made for the GNS430W stack I did?

Looks pretty good.  In the first shot perhaps the "beam" is a bit too wide?  Then again it's hard to tell from that exact angle, and the intensity of the lights matters too.

Great Shots Jared! Can't wait to download it, ;D The second shot, IMHO is a turn off to me, not your fault, but the way FSX handles night lighting.. Where were these shots taken at btw?

Not standard Landing lights, they don't use the normal technique of the fsx lighting.

Bundaberg is the location.

Will this affect our panel edits and the lightmap you made for the GNS430W stack I did?

Looks pretty good.  In the first shot perhaps the "beam" is a bit too wide?  Then again it's hard to tell from that exact angle, and the intensity of the lights matters too.

No the RXP racks will also be dimmable and will use the original maps but in a slightly differen't way.

Great Shots Jared! Can't wait to download it, ;D The second shot, IMHO is a turn off to me, not your fault, but the way FSX handles night lighting.. Where were these shots taken at btw?

Not standard Landing lights, they don't use the normal technique of the fsx lighting.

Bundaberg is the location.

Awesome!! I seriously need to get Bundy, is there a planned release date on the lights?

I posted a request on the A2A forum about a flashlight feature and they replied it might be something they could do.  Looking at your first picture gives me the feeling, if you guys wanted to, you guys could do the same thing.  Basically, have a hotkey to turn on and off a hand held flashlight inside the cockpit, then where ever you move your mouse/cursor it lights up the area your over like a flash light would.

You guys have made some revolutionary new features in FSX so I'm sure if you guys wanted to make yet another new feature like this, your team could pull it off.

The new landing lights look great.

BTW: aren't you flying a bit too low and a veeery little too fast in the second shot 

Actually you should try flying her this low that fast if you havn't done so already. Wouldn't suggest at night though. It's a real blast!! ;D

BTW: aren't you flying a bit too low and a veeery little too fast in the second shot 

Actually you should try flying her this low that fast if you havn't done so already. Wouldn't suggest at night though. It's a real blast!! ;D

Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to do so... I haven't even purchased my copy yet. BUT it should happen very soon now ;D !

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to it Jared, just did a nice flight from Coffs to Redcliffe in the Lancair along the coast at about 2,000 ft. Such a great aircraft and now I'm curious about what "enhancments" you might be adding  :D Any teasers  8)

Cheers

Martin

Hi Jared,

That looks incredible!  :o Will you also fix the issue of click sounds not working intermittently?

Craig :)

I'm sorry I haven't done a final support request list yet. I will be going back through all the small issues before the SP release and making sure everything is fixed. But off the top of my head, with everything else I can't seem to remember a report of this issue.

Have you reported this in the support section at all?

Looking forward to it Jared, just did a nice flight from Coffs to Redcliffe in the Lancair along the coast at about 2,000 ft. Such a great aircraft and now I'm curious about what "enhancments" you might be adding  :D Any teasers  8)

Cheers

Martin

Glad you are enjoying it. As things reach presentable standards rest asured they will be posted here :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest strider

Special request; anyway you can add dust, dirt, grime and scratches to the windows ?? The immersion factor in the new Turbine Duke is amazing !!!

"The dust and grime on the cockpit windows is now more realistically lit, becoming bright when the sun is shining at it from behind".

• 4 weeks later...

Eventually got the Lancair! She's just... gorgeous, wonderful, ... - I'm running out of words ::) ! I remember someone said once: "It's the sexiest aircraft I've ever flown" - well, I totally agree!

Once again, excellent job. Thanks!

Archived