Flashing scenery lighting??

warwickm

Evening

I think this was mentioned previously, but I cannot find anything about it on the forums.

I have noticed that when flying at night the FTX street & scenery lighting blinks in time with my strobe lighting.

Even with my plane lights turned off the scenery lighting continues to blink.

Any idea's as what may be causing this?

Cheers

Warwick

Blue: 3938

Gold: 6312

Hi Warwick,

I have a cure for you => flusifix

look for the flusifix 2006 v4.3 for fsX, alltough it's in German they have an english manual to use.

to cure the strobelights the section Sonstiges ~ 01. Strobe/Beacon-Lichter

tick the box Lichter korrigieren and it will adapt the strobes and beacon lights so they are all not in sinc with eachother and look like the real life thing ;)

and if you read through the english text you will find a lot of very interresting "Tweaks" wich are fully reversible in case of a blooper :)

I think this might be a case of the street lighting bloom flashing that UTX suffers from as well. I haven't noticed it with FTX but I generally run with no bloom.

Its a known problem with FSX that the bloom from street lights flash from time to time. I assume its got something to do with having lots and lots of light sources.

If you run with bloom on, try turning it off and see if the problem remains. If this is the cause then I'm afraid there is no fix that I am aware of.

Paul

I'd just like to add too that I had this problem with dx10 turned on - if you have a direct x 10 video capable card - try turning the Direct X 10 preview option off and you hopefully will find no more flashing.

Archived