a visit to the Capital's airport...

amentiba

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm happy Moonman ;)

But still some freezes by my side on my computer... Must decrease the graphic options to have a possibility of flying smoothly...

My computer is probably not enought strong... 2 years i got it for now and it already was "old" in january 2009...

That's Canberra airport. I have just bought it yesterday. Great product. But it's true: a little bit heavy on frames. My benchmark is YMML vers.2. Which is absolutely friendly on frames. I just hope that YMML is a new standard and that all the other airports someday shall match it.

Hey, nice pics Matey! I guess that is the airport from A.....t? I have another of their's, problem is, they are so damn frame hungry :( Can anyone tell me how the Orbx, large AU airports compare for performance?

Beautiful shots Amentiba... :)

Howard,

I have YBBN and YMML and my system is almost identical to yours.

They are both heavy hits on FPS, but quite manageable on my system.

When flying PMDG 747-400 (approach or takeoff from either airport) I am down to 15 or 20 FPS, but no stutters or any problems at all. Once I'm a  mile away everything is back to normal.

I use the FPS_Limiter_0.2 set to 30 fps and FSX FPS set to unlimited,  and a Jesus tweaked cfg file.

Bye the way, I noticed you mentioned the major delay in texture loading problem in another thread, In my case which was similar, the two above measures really made a big improvement there. I still get them (mainly when switching back and forth between different views, but less than half the delays I had before.

Thanks for the info Horatio. I am in the process of trying to sort my rig out which I have been crazed with since starting FSX! Mainly texture loading delays and lack of smoothness. Alain Needle is helping with the OC and sorting things out in BIOS and so far I am having a degreee of success. Once that is sorted I will be getting the frame limiter and tweaking my cfg files  ;) Thanks again...

Archived