I've been experimenting.

jgruschow

With my new computer running well I decided to have a look at Brisbane and see if I had the low frame rate in the area fixed. (Ever the perpetual optomist!)

I flew several legs between  Archerfield and North Brisbane at 1000/1500 feet in a 172. Nothing in FSX apart from all Orbx releases and Holger's mesh.

With all settings at maximum:  Broken cloud. CPU useage average about 70% memory useage average about 60%..  FPS between 5 and 15.

With Orbx turned off. CPU and memory much the same. FPS 8 /15. So it's not Orbx to blame.

Mesh turned off, a slight overall increase in fps.

Then with autogen turned right off still only another slight improvement.Surprising!

Reloaded Orbx. Autogen and weather turned off. Averaged about 18/20 fps

What surprised me was that in all instances CPU useage averaged around 70%. ie fluctuating between 40 and 100%

Also noticed an instance of fps 7 and cpu at 40%

Memory useage never got over 60%

Then just for a comparison. A couple of circuits of Sydney and Melbourne.

Everything on maximum. FPS never dropped below 20.

My conclusion: Brisbane problem in FSX problem.

ASUS Striker Extreme ll M/B

QX 9650 cpu

GEForce 9800 Vid card.1024 mb ram

2 gigs DDR3 ram

Raptor ll 300 gig HDD.

Windows XP pro

Wow - it is usually the Tasmanians that cop the ribbing - nice to see someone giving Queenslanders a bit of a go.  Of course I am an ex Queenslander and I live in Tassie at the moment so I can't win either way.

:)

Memory useage never got over 60%

Then just for a comparison. A couple of circuits of Sydney and Melbourne.

Everything on maximum. FPS never dropped below 20.

My conclusion: Brisbane problem in FSX problem.

Interesting...I experienced nearly identical comparisons (at slightly lower frame rates) between the two cities, something like 40 to 50% difference, with Brisbane bringing my machine to its knees. Anywhere else I go in the world, I don't have that kind of problem, at least to that extent.

Spirit Flyer

Archived