[OT] Some shots from Gran Turismo 5

Jay Kae

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK guys, anyone care to give me a hint on how I can export my screen shots so I can put them up here as well?

Yeah in GT5 when viewing them from the photo album, you can use the triangle button to "export to XMB" or something like that.  Then you can copy the photos back in the "home menu" (ie outside of GT5) to a flash drive, and take it to your PC.

I declare, I'm about ready to go out and buy a ps3 just for this!!  wow - just amazing

now, which one?

I see there is a 160gb, 250 and 320?  are these the size of the hd? or what

If I want a system, that I can play this game online, what would I need to get?

thanks

Either wireless in your home or ethernet steady connection, that is it really... look what I won last week by the way. This is not a real car but it is what happens when Adrian Newey and a few others get asked to make the fastest car in the world... she is a beast !

Posted Image

I declare, I'm about ready to go out and buy a ps3 just for this!!  wow - just amazing

now, which one?

I see there is a 160gb, 250 and 320?  are these the size of the hd? or what

If I want a system, that I can play this game online, what would I need to get?

thanks

I recently bought the 320GB version - I figured that with downloadable content and the fact that some games (GT5 included) load data to the disk to speed up game play I'd be better off. I know a mate who has a smaller disk in his PS3 (an earlier model I think) and is looking to upgrade the hard disk.

OK guys, anyone care to give me a hint on how I can export my screen shots so I can put them up here as well?

BTW, I have just bought one of these... to go with my G27

Cheers,

Posted Image

If you dont mind me asking - how much and from where?

some awesome shots! i'm hooked on GT5 i must say. slowly working my way through level 23....very slowly. annoyed that to race the level 23 formula GT championship....you need the forumal GT (makes sense  :P) but its a level 24 car  ??? oh well.....keep on flogging my minolta toyota around the track! darn quick that thing.

jay.....tell me. how did you get your hands on that redbull machine? do you get that when you win the dream car championship? how fast around the nordschleife? less than 5 mins?  :o

jay.....tell me. how did you get your hands on that redbull machine? do you get that when you win the dream car championship? how fast around the nordschleife? less than 5 mins?  :o

You need to be level 30 and unlock a certain challenge then you can get the red bull concept X2010.

I'm at mid level 26 right now and finishing off the "expert" series of races.  Just trying to figure out how to get a classic racing car for cheap.  I don't have 20mil to drop on the Ford Mark 67 lol!

Sorry for my ignorance here, but how do you get screenshots in GT5?  These shots you guys have here are just awsome!! :) So far I have managed to get my Challenger done to the nines. Im only at 24exp at the moment. Too much simming i quess.

level 30 for the x1! wow....i'll be grey by then!

as for dropping big bucks on the classic cars, I read on one of the forums that you get a gift car for your birthday. there is a complete list out there too which shows what car you'd get depending on what year your birthday is. some of those include the ferrari 330 P4 and the ford GT mark IV (1967 b'day i think). what some have done is set up a dummy account with a birthday on that year, get the sweeeeet car and gift it to themselves (their proper account). cheeky....but why not! ha

• 2 weeks later...

my goodness! those shots above!  :o the second one looks sooooo realistic. all the shots i've seen so far have been superb, but the second one (nissan rubbing panels with the nsx) look like real life snaps to me.......got that tilt-shift lens feel to it that gives it a slight minature effect with the added benefit of looking like you were there!

i've just finally cracked level 25 and found the endurance series appear!!! my goodness.....how am i ever going to finish one of those races!

i've just finally cracked level 25 and found the endurance series appear!!! my goodness.....

Great news, I have just got to L23 and and starting to get to some of the challenging races.  Is there a map somewhere that shows us which races are available at which level and which license is required?

Cheers,

i've just finally cracked level 25 and found the endurance series appear!!! my goodness.....

Great news, I have just got to L23 and and starting to get to some of the challenging races.  Is there a map somewhere that shows us which races are available at which level and which license is required?

Cheers,

AGreed, those endurance races could take a while.  I don't have the patience to go round n round hehe.  I don't think you need the licenses for them???  I've only done a few of the licenses and got to lvl26.  I'm struggling to find an AFFORDABLE car for the classic racecar event in the pro series... or maybe its the expert series I forgot.

In GT4, my brother and I used to do the endurance races together.  I had a car built around my seat, wheel and pedals then and we used to do the whole pit stop thing.  Brilliant fun it was.  I'm looking forward to doing some of those in GT5 again soon.

Does anyone know if they are going to implement some meaningful damage modelling in GT5 soon?

Now wouldn't it be amazing if Orbx would develop real world racing circuits for GT5 given their penchant for uber realism...  :o

ha ha ha Orbx airports for GT5. that'll give the top gear test track a run for its money......hooning around my local YPJT!

regarding a map of what races are available in what series, yeah I'm sure they are out there. There's also lists out there which tell you what prize car you get for what race and the special birthday prize cars - apparently you get a car gift ticket on your birthday! ha

yeah i think ryan is right. the licences as well as the special events aren't required. they are a bit of a side show bob....but a great learning aid and the special events really boost your credits and your experience points, which i found crucial to advancing through the levels without getting stuck on the same tracks and repeating races over and over again to inch forward.

Archived