Unhandled Exception in FTX Central

Benjamin J

Hello guys,

I'm egtting an unhandled exception uponstarting FTX Central. I can quit or I can click continue, but FTX Central never goes past the "Loading" stage, making it impossible to activate or deactive the various regions. I can post the error, e=message, but because it's all in Dutch, I doubt anybody will understand it. The message starts with this though:

"%1 is no valid Win32-program"

Sadly I have no idea what the correct translation is for the Dutch "toepassing" in this technical terminology, so I translated it to "program".

-> Right, weird. So now FTX Cebtral does start, but upon clicking either FSX Default or North America and clicking "Apply", I get the exception. When I click continue, the program seems to semi-freeze (I cna still click all the buttons), and the scenery seems active in FSX.

-> Okaaaay... It seems it is actually activated in FS. I never heard the activation "ding" as describe din the manual, but I do see the FTX NA Blue textures and all that. So... what actually does applying North America do when I click the apply button in FTX Central? I didn't quite understand that from the user manual?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but I can't for the life of me find an uninstallation program. It's not in the Windows Control Panel and there is no such thing in the ORBX folder in the FSX root folder. So where is it?

Tried reinstalling, still the unhandled exception. Except now I'm back to the previous problem: the installer doesn't seem to make a "Backup" folder within the "Scripts" folder (I read in another thread that such a folder should exist). Is there any reason for this? There are no programs running while the installer installs the scenery, so why doesn't it do what it's supposed to do?

So, the unhandled exception is now it can't find the file default.xml in the folder Scripts/Backup

This problem only seems to occur when I want to activate North America, not when I revert to FSX Default.

What are these library files you speak off? I have installed NRM as per the instructions:

- .NET Framework 3.5 is installed (also installed .NET 4 just to be on the safe side)

- No programs running during install

- In FTX Central I used the scenery.cfg insertion tool to add the scenery to FSX (FTX Central build is 1024, by the way)

- I activated the scenery with FTX Central, but here's where I get the unhandled exception.

What are the latest library files, and where should I get those?

By the way, Wolter, youré Dutch, are you not? If necessary, I can post the complete error report if you wish when I get home.

Sure, here it is. Hope it helps... Just to clarify, after reinstalling, I did not make a "Backup" folder, which resulted in the unhandled exception I had before the one I mentioned in the OP.

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen

van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Kan een gedeelte van het pad C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml niet vinden.

bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bij System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

bij FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()

bij FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()

bij FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()

bij FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************

mscorlib

Assembly-versie: 2.0.0.0

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly-versie: 1.0.2.4

Win32-versie: 1.0.2.4

CodeBase: file:///C:/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly-versie: 8.0.0.0

Win32-versie: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

qs-xahbh

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly-versie: 3.5.0.0

Win32-versie: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

nkgdki-c

mscorlib.resources

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************

Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze

toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde

jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.

De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing

was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen

naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd

en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

Contrary to what I thought, I'm getting real problems from this unhandled exception. The elevation adjustments don't enable, it seems, after reverting to FSX default and trying to re-enable FTX NA. They remain off. The result is that airports such as 8S1 are in the air. Also, I took off at 3W7, and to my surprise it looked absolutely nothing like the screenshot I saw on your website. It's supposed to be green... Mine is sort of brownish with trees, but the shorelines and such show that something of NA Blue must be activated. Also the airports, with all the relevant objects appear, like in the screenshot. However, I'm missing some roads, and I don't see any autogen houses. i actually expected the villages and such to be filled with autogen houses, but I see none (and my autogen slider is on high). So, FTX is close to unflyable, actually. I see only half of what I should see...

Hi Benjamin,

my apologies for not beeing able to respond to you any sooner, but I'm working shifts and unfortunatly had a few long ones :(

as for the installer did you have the one with al the separate parts or the one big file one ?

if it's the one with the separate parts pls check the following :

Right click on each and select 'properties' and you will see the total bytes

setup_NRM.2  to 16 are 209,715,200 bytes

setup_NRM.17 is 32,361,041 bytes

OrbxFTXNABlueNRM.exe is 208,241,220 bytes

if any of those are different to what is above, re-download that part

Archived